Bread is an integral part of a healthy diet. Let them say that it is not useful, and its use negatively affects weight, but in fact the product is simply irreplaceable in the human diet. Today I will tell you about English bread and how to cook it at home.
Homemade bread cooked on a dough, especially fragrant and tasty.
At first glance it might seem that it’s easy to bake English bread. But any business requires patience and a special attitude. Making bread at home including.
It is worth noting that with a combine (bread machine) it will be easier for you. Some processes can be replaced by technical ones. Otherwise, everything will have to be done by hand.
In the preparation of English bread according to this recipe, the dough turns out to be liquid and sticky, but don’t try to add flour - this is completely unnecessary. Otherwise, the dough may not rise.
Ingredients for making dough and bread dough
For the dough you will need:
- 300 grams of baking flour;
- 180 grams of water;
- 10 milliliters of olive oil;
- 10 grams of salt.
For dough, take the following ingredients:
- 100 grams of whole grain flour;
- 90 grams of water;
- 2 grams of dry baker's yeast.
Step-by-step dough preparation and baking
The process of making bread dough consists of these steps:
- Knead the dough from prepared ingredients (whole grain flour, yeast, water). Mix well, cover the bowl with foil and set for 12-18 hours.
- After the time allotted for the preparation of the dough, open the container and add the remaining 180 grams of water for the dough.
- Knead the dough using a combine , although you can knead manually. If the dough is too liquid, add about 15-20 grams of flour, but not more.
- “Dust” the surface of the table with flour and lay the kneaded dough on its surface.
- Form a bun and clean for 60 minutes in a bowl pre-oiled, cover with a towel on top.
- Wash the dough, sprinkle flour on top, cover with a cloth and leave for another half hour.
- Wash the dough again. Form a loaf or round bread and place it in the proofing bowl. There the dough will stay up to 45 minutes. The mold must be covered with a cloth and sprinkled with flour.
- Heat the oven to 250 o .
- We place the bread blanks on the surface of the baking mat and make on their surface incisions. Making cuts on the surface of the bread blanks is simply due to the consistency of the previously prepared dough. It reaches for the blade of the knife, forming the desired strokes. It can be shelves, zigzags, special cooking cuts.
- After that, move the bread rolls onto a baking sheet and place in a preheated oven.
- Bake bread for 30 minutes at a temperature of 220 o .
- After baking, leave the bread on the wire rack until completely cooled.
How to serve?
Cooked bread can be cut into cloves or any other in the way you like, and serve.
Homemade homemade bread is healthy and tasty. A recipe for English bread, by the way, makes it possible to cook bread with the addition of seeds, nuts and other products. This allows us to diversify the product that we eat every day.