Pain during arousal can occur in men at any age. Before you begin treatment, you need to determine the cause of pain during erection, why it occurs, and what factors can affect it. Many men are embarrassed to consult a doctor if discomfort occurs. However, it is important to remember that constraint in this case is inappropriate, as these may be signs of a serious illness, and untimely treatment can cause health problems.
Physiological causes of pain
The physiological causes of pain in the genitals in a man include phimosis. And this number also includes frequent masturbation, injuries of the penis and scrotum, prolonged abstinence, an allergic reaction to the use of drugs or lubricants.
Erection pain is the most common symptom the development of such diseases:
- Infectious genital inflammation. The inflammatory process can develop not only as a result of any ailments caused by the common cold, but also as a result of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland. In most cases, this disease develops due to the multiplication of fungi and viruses.
- Peyronie's disease. For this disease, a characteristic feature is the curvature of the penis, which causes pain during an erection, in addition, it becomes completely impossible to have sex in this case.
- Urethritis and other diseases of the kidneys and genitourinary system. Such diseases are characterized by a pain sensation not only during erection, but also during urination.
- Priapism is a painful tension of the penis that does not subside even after discharge.
- Diabetes mellitus. During this pathology, the patient may appear stagnant in the penis, which begins to cause pain in the future.
- Orheoepididymitis is an inflammation of the testicles and its appendages. With orthoepididymitis, painful sensations arise not only in the penis, but also in the scrotum and groin. In addition, the patient may experience changes in body temperature. A dangerous disease that can lead to male infertility if it is not cured on time.
- Colliculitis. A characteristic feature of this pathology is the throwing of seminal fluid into the bladder. Intercourse with colliculitis can be unstable - it can be either a very long intercourse or, conversely, a quick ejaculation.
In addition to pain during erection, the patient may experience other signs indicating the presence of any pathology in the body:
- Pain in the groin and lower back.
- Burning during urination.
- Difficult urine outflow.
- Excited sexual condition a member that does not subside even after a full discharge.
- Rash, redness and sores on the genitals, discharge from the urethra.
Painful sensations during arousal - the concept is quite extensive, therefore during The examination name should be drawn to all the subtleties of the patient’s lifestyle and general state of health.
If you experience pain in the head during an erection, men should immediately consult a doctor. A full examination of the patient is prescribed only after the relief of pain and stress relief. A classic examination includes:
- Ultrasound examination of the scrotum and pelvis to examine the spermatic cord, epididymis and adjacent lymph nodes.
- Bacteriological analysis of urine.
- Culture tests.
- In order to detect the presence of genitourinary infections and sexually transmitted diseases, or, conversely, to refute them, the patient is prescribed scrapings of the mucous membrane from urinary canal.
- If it is not possible to identify the cause of the pain, an urethrocystoscopy is prescribed performed using endoscopic equipment.
After Once the main cause of pain during erection in men is clarified, pain medications are prescribed to help relieve pain and relieve inflammation. Such funds can be used in the form of ointments that need to be applied to the head of the penis, as well as in the form of rectal suppositories.
When determining the exact cause of the development of pain during an erection, the doctor prescribes the appropriate therapy. Depending on the severity of phimosis, it can be treated in several ways:
- At the initial stage, it is necessary to rinse the genitals with decoctions of medicinal herbs several times a day. During the procedure, the head of the penis should be fully open, this can be achieved by shifting the foreskin.
- In the case of ineffectiveness of herbal decoctions, drug therapy is used. The patient needs to gradually stretch the foreskin, using a special lubricant. As a lubricant, the doctor usually prescribes drugs such as Clobetasol, Hydrocortisone, Valerat, Betamethasone and Triamcinolone Acetonide.
- If none of the above examples had the necessary effect and the patient didn’t If you feel relief, then a decision is made to have surgery.
Peyronie’s disease does not actually receive any treatment other than surgery, but at the early stage of the pathology, the doctor may prescribe medication. With a mild form, the patient is prescribed: vitamin E in large quantities, "Colchicine", "Potaba", "Verapamil" in injections, "Lidase", "Hydrocortisone" and "Demixid".
If pain occurs during an erection against the background of sexually transmitted diseases, the venereologist is treating this problem. In such cases, the patient is usually prescribed antibiotics and antibacterial suppositories. Antibiotics can be used both as tablets or as injections.
It is worth noting the fact that, regardless of the cause of the appearance of pain in the penis during erection, sometimes after the course of treatment the men have decreased libido, but you should not worry about this, since this is a temporary phenomenon.
If there are stones or salts in the kidneys and urinary tract, you need to consult a urologist who can prescribe adequate treatment. One of the most popular drugs in this case is Kanefron, which can be taken in the form of drops or tablets.
Surgery to eliminate pain during erection is indicated in connection with the development of the following pathologies:
- Phimosis. In this case, circumcision or circumcision of the foreskin of the penis is performed. The development of phimosis can begin from early childhood. With improper genital hygiene, the boy accumulates salts and pathogenic microflora under the foreskin, then the child begins to experience pain during urination. In this regard, in order to avoid the re-development of phimosis in an adult male, it is recommended to perform circumcision in early childhood.
- In case of a fracture of the penis, the patient needs immediate medical attention and surgery.
- If pain in the groin during an erection or during sexual intercourse is accompanied by other symptoms that indicate the presence of a disease such as prostate cancer, then surgery is performed to eliminate the underlying pathology in order to help the patient again live a full life.
- Pathologies such as Peyronie’s disease and priapism also require surgery. The main objective of the operation for these diseases is to improve blood flow in the penis, alignment of the organ. Sometimes prosthetics of the penis may be required.
- Prostatitis, in which the main methods of therapy did not give the desired result.
Lack of diagnosis and necessary therapy for pain during an erection can lead to serious complications:
- A malignant tumor of the prostate gland that develops if treatment for adenoma of the prostate and prostatitis is not started in time.
- In case of untreated injuries of the penis, the patient may develop an infectious-inflammatory process.
To avoid problems, you should be more attentive to your health and timely treat all colds that They can provoke the development of the inflammatory process throughout the body. These include: ear, nose and throat diseases, as well as pneumonia. In addition, there are a number of preventive measures that will help men avoid the occurrence of such an unpleasant symptom as pain during erection, as well as diseases associated with this symptom:
- Only one trusted partner needs sex, if not such an opportunity, then during sexual intercourse it is necessary to use means of barrier contraception.
- Avoid injury to the penis.
- You need to have sex regularly and if you have sexual intercourse, you must always bring it to ntsa.
- Maintaining personal hygiene of the genitals is an integral part, and in some cases will help prevent the formation of pain in the penis.
- If there are any unpleasant symptoms that indicate problems in the genitals, you should contact a specialist, rather than self-medicating.
- A balanced diet, an active lifestyle, daily sports, and also refusal to use alcohol, cigarettes and drugs will help to prevent many problems in sexual life for a long time neither.
Pain in the penis during erection may occur for various reasons, but whatever they may be, you should immediately consult a doctor when the first signs appear, since they may be the result of any pathology. This will help to avoid more serious complications and health problems.