The purpose of the article is to explain to the reader how to make a home-made Cyclone for collecting sawdust, concrete dust and other garbage. If there is no money to buy or rent a construction vacuum cleaner, the product mentioned will be an excellent replacement for it. In addition, to create a cyclone filter, you will need a few materials and a minimal set of tools.
Cleaning in the room where repairs are being carried out is a painstaking and laborious task. It is not enough just to brush away or sweep away with a broom sawdust, particles of plaster, grains of drywall, since the dust settles on all surfaces of the room. In this case, even wet cleaning will not help. Therefore, there is only one solution to this problem - use a vacuum cleaner.
But the trouble is that using a household appliance to clean the room from building dust is a bad idea, because the bag of the device will clog quickly, so you will have to clean it constantly. In addition, large particles (such as chips and pieces of mortar) will cause clogging of the pipe and other parts of the household appliance.
An industrial vacuum cleaner is a large and expensive appliance, so it is rarely used to clean the living room in which it was made repairs. But the craftsmen found a simple solution to this problem. The homemade Cyclone filter is a simple product that needs to be supplemented with a household vacuum cleaner when you need to clean the house of dust and not damage the device.
How it works
" Cyclone "uses the aerodynamic flow of air to bind small particles of dust together. In the process, a centrifugal force also acts, which presses the debris against the walls of the container. After that, the dust settles at the bottom of the chamber due to gravity. You can make the indicated dust collecting container from improvised means (for example, a bucket, plastic bottle or road cone).
Making a makeshift "Cyclone" is a simple task, which will require a standard set of parts. The list includes the following elements:
- the container into which the garbage will go;
- additional details: pipes, adapters, bends, etc.
An important condition is the power of the vacuum cleaner. In normal condition, the device will cope with cleaning a room where there is a little debris and dust. But if you add it with a cyclone filter, in this case the length of the duct will increase several times, which will increase the load.
Before you start making a home-made Cyclone, you need to consider its advantages:
- high efficiency;
- no need for regular replacement and cleaning of the bag for collecting dust;
- some models are quite compact (for example, a product from a road cone );
- the ability to make the case out of transparent materials, making it possible to control the level of pollution;
- easy cleaning of the container.
The main thing is that the filter can be developed by yourself using improvised tools.
Home-made Cyclone for a vacuum cleaner from buckets: the necessary materials and tools
The body of the product can be made of metal x vessels. Before you start developing a makeshift "Cyclone" for sawdust, dust and debris, you need to prepare such devices:
- jigsaw (manual or electric - it doesn’t matter);
- a screwdriver or a set of screwdrivers;
- a drill;
- a grinder or scissors for metal;
- a hacksaw with small teeth;
- marker and compasses.
To create a product you need purchase the following materials:
- two metal buckets (the first container should be ten-liter, and the second should be 5 l);
- sheet plywood;
- corrugated hose;
- plastic water pipe (length - 150 mm and diameter - 50 mm);
- two-inch elbow 30 ° PVC;
- silicone seal etik;
- stainless steel screws.
The main thing is that the tin containers have lids (plastic containers can also be used).
Production " Cyclone from buckets: step-by-step instruction
Having prepared the materials and tools, then we need to proceed directly to the creation of the product. To make a home-made "Cyclone" from buckets, you need to perform the following steps:
- Make a cylindrical part. To do this, cut off the upper part of the five-liter bucket with scissors for metal. The result should be a container in the form of a small cone.
- Turn the part over and put it on plywood.
- Mark the container with a marker.
- Mark an additional circle with a compass whose radius should be 3 cm larger than the previous one.
- Cut two holes inside the ring with a 50 mm crown.
- Draw the outline of the figured element (insert) and cut it with a jigsaw. The result of the work is two parts of the future filter made of plywood. The role of the insert is to shape the direction of the air flow inside the device.
- Attach the ring to the back of the lid of the 10-liter bucket and bypass the marker.
- Cut the middle along the marked lines.
- Drill holes at the top of the small bucket.
- Put the plywood ring on the container. To fix it, you need to screw the screws through the holes of the bucket with a screwdriver.
- Fill the circle of the 10 l container cover with the side up and fasten it on the fixing belt.
- Make it to the side and top in the cyclone body two holes with a diameter of 50 mm.
- Cut a square from the sheet plywood in which you need to make a similar opening.
- Put the frame on the filter housing cover, combining the holes. The indicated part is fixed with screws.
- Install the curly insert a little below the ring. On the outside of the container you need to tighten the screws that must go into the body of the element.
- Insert the plastic pipe into the frame. The main thing is that with the bottom ring it does not reach the curly insert by 50 mm.
- Expand the side hole made in the cyclone body so that the result is a drop shape.
- Glue the knee into the resulting opening from PVC. A thermogun is useful at this stage.
- Place the Cyclone housing on a large bucket, which is the garbage bin.
- Insert the hose from the vacuum cleaner in the upper outlet, and the corrugated pipe in the side collecting dust, sawdust, etc.
- Treat all joints with silicone sealant.
Homemade Cyclone should be cleaned regularly. A toothbrush is useful in this matter.
Simple "Cyclone" from the bucket
In this case, you need a capacity of 20 liters. To make a home-made "Cyclone" for a vacuum cleaner from a metal bucket, you need to follow this instruction:
- Cut a hole with a grinder or scissors in the center of the galvanized lid.
- Close the gaps with sealant.
- Make a hole with a diameter of 40 mm in the side of the bucket.
- Insert a 45 ° plastic elbow into it.
- Connect the corrugated hose to the installed element with a pipe. It is advisable to tilt the corrugation toward the bottom, as it will turn out to direct the air along the desired path.
- Put on the filter a nylon cloth or other permeable material. Thanks to this, large particles of debris will not get into the home-made Cyclone.
- Connect the filter outlet to the elbow on the lid.
- Seal or glue all the connections.
If you can’t insert the pipe, then you will have to make an adapter from a rubber hose.
"Cyclone" from a road cone
This is the original version for the manufacture of the filter. The methodology for developing a makeshift "Cyclone" for a concrete cone dust cleaner from a road cone consists of the following steps:
- Make a plywood cover. To do this, cut a circle of the required diameter, in which two holes must be cut. To complete this step, you will need a drill and wood crowns. One hole should be in the center and the other at the edge.
- Insert a plastic pipe of a suitable diameter into the opening made in the middle of the cover. The joint must be covered with glue or sealant.
- Similarly, insert a pipe into the second hole, on which you must then put on a 45 ° elbow. Thanks to the last part, the air should swirl, since the plastic outlet will be inside the cone. Glue the joint as well.
- Cut the bottom and the tip of the cone with a hacksaw or saw, and then insert the device into the container in which concrete dust will accumulate. Handle the mounting location with sealant.
- Reinforce the cover on the back with pieces of chipboard, which must be fixed with self-tapping screws.
Before work, it is advisable to check the homemade Cyclone for leaks. If everything is assembled correctly, during suction the dust will fall to the bottom of the tank or settle on its walls.
Before creating a Cyclone, you need to consider several important tips to get a reliable and powerful product:
- To optimize the operation of the vacuum cleaner, you need to connect two hoses at once: blowing and suction.
- It is necessary to regularly check the tightness of the container. If you use a bucket with microcracks, you will have to completely redo the filter, since dust will leak out through any defective places.
- It is advisable to supplement the device with a water tank.
- It is better to use a container made of metal under the waste bin , because it is stronger than a plastic container.
To make a home-made "Cyclone" for a vacuum cleaner at home from simple materials is not a difficult task. Thanks to the information provided in this article, everyone will be able to make this product with their own hands. The main thing is to carefully study the instructions and check the operability of the finished device. The slightest violation of the manufacturing technique will cause the device to malfunction.