Sperm is one of the secrets produced in the male body. At 5%, it consists of sperm, the rest are vitamins and nutrients that accompany them all the way to the egg. The quantity and quality of sperm directly affects the ability to conceive a child. Men begin to sound the alarm when there is little secret.
But this is not a cause for alarm, since even in a small amount there can be a normal number of sperm. It is worth noting the fact that conception is affected not only by the quantity, but also by the quality of the male secret. It is very important to know how much sperm in men should be excreted. However, what it should be no less important.
What it looks like and what it consists of
Sperm in a completely healthy man should have a white-gray hue. By consistency, immediately at the time of ejaculation, it can be thick and viscous, but after a while it becomes more fluid.
How much sperm should a man produce? What are the norms and violations? These questions are answered further. For now, we note that some changes in the color or consistency of the secret do not always occur due to the development of any pathological process. For example, if a man has not had sex for a long time, then the consistency and color of sperm change, that is, it will be more cloudy and thicker. This phenomenon is quite normal, there are no deviations from this.
When taking antibiotics or complexes that include a large number of minerals and vitamins, the color of the ejaculate will be painted in a yellowish tint. This is also permissible and does not go beyond the norm.
If a man has a regular sex life, does not take any medications, eats properly, but the color and consistency of sperm are altered, then this already indicates problems with health and can serve as an occasion for visiting an andrologist or urologist.
Many are interested not only in how much sperm is present in men, but also in its composition. This secret contains the following substances: calcium, zinc, vitamin C, magnesium, potassium.
What the volume depends on
Sperm count is an individual indicator that is influenced by several factors:
- Bad habits.
- Sexual life of a man.
- Diseases of the reproductive and genitourinary system.
- Hormonal background.
How many grams of semen are excreted during intercourse? What is the sperm motility in it? Answers to these questions help determine male fertility. This is his ability to fertilize female cells. When asked how much sperm a man should have, there is no single answer. The amount that is collected as a result of a single ejaculation and measured using a special graduated serological pipette usually varies from two to ten milliliters.
Often even a perfectly healthy man without bad habits who leads an active lifestyle, a very small amount of sperm can be secreted. This is due to frequent stresses and emotional disorders.
If the amount of secretion after ejaculation is less than 2 ml, then this may be a symptom of a disease called oligospermia. This is a pathological process that develops for the following reasons:
- Improper nutrition, deficiency of vitamins and proteins. This greatly affects how much sperm is produced by a man.
- Smoking and abuse of strong drinks.
- Age and hormonal background.
- Too rich sex life.
- Excessive physical exertion and overwork.
If none of these reasons is a factor that can affect sperm reduction, you should contact an urologist andrologist, so how oligospermia can develop for reasons that are pathological in nature:
- Violation of the work of steroid hormones.
- Injury to the testicles and scrotum.
- Infectious diseases of the genitourinary system: vesiculitis, prostatitis, testiculitis.
- Abnormal development of the organs of the male reproductive system. This is directly related to how
- how much sperm in a man is excreted during sexual intercourse.
- Diseases and injuries of the urinary tract, appendages, prostate gland and other pathologies of the urinary system.
With infectious diseases and inflammatory processes, not only the amount of sperm decreases, but its quality also deteriorates, that is, sperm cells become less active. All this adversely affects male fertility and, if untreated, can lead to infertility. Often, oligospermia is also observed in young people during the development of the reproductive system.
Sometimes injuries of any other organs that are not related to the genitourinary system can affect sperm count. Basically, these are damage to the back, leading to disruption of the nerves that are directly associated with the testicles and the prostate, which affect how much sperm is excreted in a man.
By itself, reducing sperm count is not a problem. But only until it begins to be observed regularly and prevents the conception of a child. In this case, you should immediately seek qualified specialist help, pass the necessary tests and undergo the prescribed course of therapy.
A large number
In the absence of any pathologies of the genitourinary system, the reasons are that the number is seminal fluid increases, may be:
- Too long abstinence It affects how much sperm in men can stand out in the subsequent after a long absence of sex ejaculation. With a prolonged absence of sexual activity in men, large amounts of seminal fluid accumulate, however, the percentage of young and active sperm cells is significantly reduced, since they can live after completion of their development for about one month.
- Increased hormonal activity, then there is a high level of the male hormone testosterone. This condition leads to increased sperm synthesis, which increases the amount of sperm.
If the number is not increased for these reasons, the doctor must exclude the development of pathology, which is associated with the appearance of formations in the reproductive organs male systems. When lesions of the testicles or prostate with malignant tumors, the number of sperm in the seminal fluid increases sharply. In this case, with a spermogram, you can see that the sperm are in an immature and inactive state. This fact can subsequently cause a man’s infertility.
How can I increase the amount of seminal fluid
To increase the quantity and improve the quality of sperm, you need follow a few simple rules:
- Go in for sports. If this is not possible, then you can simply start an active lifestyle - spend more time in the fresh air, hiking, jogging in the morning, for example, in the park.
- Take vitamins.
- Eat only fresh and healthy food, rich in all necessary proteins and carbohydrates.
- Give up bad habits, such as drinking alcohol and smoking.
- Follow a rational daily routine: alternate work with rest sleep at least 7 hours a day.
- Avoid stress and conflict.
Diagnosis of possible pathologies
Diagnostic measures are carried out to determine the presence and cause of pathologies, if any . You need to contact the andrologist. This doctor should review the complaints, history, and then send the man for such tests:
- To determine the level of testosterone, you must donate blood.
- Ultrasound examination of the genitourinary system.
- Urinalysis and blood for infectious diseases.
- A biopsy is performed for a more detailed analysis in the identification of pathological processes.
Therapy in the presence of deviations
After diagnostic measures and if any pathology is detected, the patient is prescribed treatment, which in most cases is carried out on an outpatient basis. With a complicated form of the disease, the patient can be hospitalized and is under constant supervision of the attending physician. In some cases, surgical intervention is used.
There are several irrefutable facts about sperm and sperm. You may be interested in learning about them.
- For the first time, the Dutch scientist Anthony van Levenguk saw the sperm firsthand. In 1667, he himself created a microscope. The first thing he began to examine was sperm.
- The male ejaculate contains a hormone responsible for the mood of a woman and her peace of mind. That is why ladies who do not have sex (or use condoms) are more likely to develop depression than others.
- Many are interested not only in how much sperm is in a man’s body, but also at what age it can be produced. Ejaculate is produced throughout life. In this case, up to 70 years, sperm are in an active state, and then their activity decreases slightly, but this does not mean that they can not fulfill their intended purpose. That is, a man, and after 70 years, may well become a father.
- An equally urgent question is how much sperm a man produces in his life, starting from the puberty period. Scientists have determined that this amount is from 10 to 15 liters.
- Many people ask how much sperm a man emits for one sexual intercourse. This question is fairly easy to answer. On average, about one teaspoon of ejaculate is secreted by a man during one ejaculation.
From all of the above it follows that both the amount of sperm and its quality directly depend on the lifestyle men. Regular and timely visits to the andrologist and urologist will help to avoid the development of any pathology of the genitourinary system and avoid male infertility.