During the repair process, it is important to take into account all the nuances relating to building materials. The main problem arises when determining the amount of decoration wallpaper. To simplify the process of preparing for the repair, it is worth asking about how to calculate the wallpaper on the room. There are several options for calculating the total length and number of rolls. Standard formulas or online calculators can be used to determine the results.
Why you need to calculate the number of wallpapers for pasting a room
Those who want to make repairs on their own, namely to paste the wallpaper, do not always know and understand how to count the wallpaper on the room. But to be able to carry out such manipulations with calculations is simply necessary for several reasons:
- If you initially purchase an insufficient number of wallpapers, then it is difficult to find the same picture.
- Thanks to the correct calculations, time is saved to search and purchase material.
- You can avoid the huge amount of balances that are not refundable. This is a loss of money.
These are the main nuances that indicate the need for high-quality calculations.
Standard parameters for rolls
To calculate how many wallpapers a room needs in the process of wall decoration, you should know the standard parameters of the rolls. You need to pay attention to the marking, which indicates the width, length of the canvas:
- Manufacturers provide wallpaper with the following width options: 0.52 m, 0.53 m, 0.7 m, 0.75 m, 0.9 m, 1 m, 1.02 m, 1.06 m.
- If the room will be decorated with photo wallpaper, then the width of the stylistic canvas can have any parameters.
- The standard length option is 10.5 m. There are canvases with a length of 5.5 and 25 m. They do not belong to the standard types of rolls.
Difficulties can arise when combining several wallpaper options with different widths and lengths of rolls.
What you need to take into account when calculating diverse wallpapers
To understand how to calculate how many wallpapers you need per room, you need to take into account certain nuances:
- If on If there is a drawing on the wallpaper, then you need to take into account the shift in the print report in each roll. This part is not suitable for gluing walls.
- The principle of joining strips should be taken into account. There are several options. The most common ones are overlapping and butt-to-butt.
- Some wallpapers may taper a little after drying, so you need to calculate for such shrinkage.
Other features may appear on the manufacturer’s markings. There are also defective units, which can significantly affect the further processing of data.
Counting in accordance with the parameters of the room in which there are openings
To determine the required number of wallpapers for pasting a room , it is worth initially measuring the parameters of the room. To do this:
- Measure the height and width of the walls.
- Calculate the area of the walls of the room. First, determine the area of each surface separately, and then add the results. You need to use the standard formula, where length is multiplied by height.
- In addition, it is worth calculating the perimeter of each wall.
- Separately, the entrance doors, windows and other recesses are measured. Determine the area of the elements by using the already known formula.
- Subtract the parameter of the area of the recesses from the surface area of the walls.
Only after determining the parameters of the room it becomes clear how to calculate the wallpaper on the room. The resulting figure needs to be rounded to a larger value.
The principle of calculating the required number of strips for gluing the room
After the parameters of the room are determined, you can begin to determine the required number of wallpapers. A perfectly simple algorithm is used. Here's how to calculate the wallpaper for the room, knowing the parameters of the room:
- You need to add the length of the walls of the room - determine the perimeter.
- Divide the resulting number by the width of the wallpaper roll, which was selected for decoration . Thanks to such manipulations, the number of strips is determined.
- Then you can determine how many strips will be obtained from 1 roll with the declared length. It is necessary to divide the length of the roll by the height of the wall.
- In order not to cut extra strips, and subsequently not to buy extra material, you need to do the same principle for calculations regarding pieces above windows and doors.
You can use the calculator to perform arithmetic manipulations. Then the error in the calculations will be minimal. This option will be ideal for rooms with a complex shape, if there are niches or recesses in the walls.
The formula for calculating the number of rolls for any room
To determine the number of wallpaper strips for the room you need a little different formula. To carry out such mathematical operations, appropriate numerical data are needed. To decide how to count the wallpaper rolls per room, you need to use the data already available:
- It is necessary to use data for calculations that determine the required number of rolls.
- It is necessary to divide the number of all strips by the number obtained from one roll.
- Then you need to calculate the bands that are not used for gluing doors and windows. Subtract this number from the total and make a “transfer” into rolls. The minimum is 1 roll.
There are special tables with which you can perform the same calculations. This option will allow you to cope with the task faster. The only drawback is that there may be large errors in the calculations.
Determine the required number of wallpapers that have a symmetrical pattern
With wallpapers that have a large or small pattern that requires adjustment, calculations become more complex. With the standard parameters of the finishing material when fitting, 1 extra strip is obtained. It can be used to paste over areas that are above windows or doors.
How to calculate how many wallpapers you need per room if you need to fit stripes according to the picture:
- lay out 3 strips from 1 roll.
- Determine which shift occurs when selecting a pattern.
- Using the measuring tape, determine the shift length. This is a report that will be repeated in each roll.
- If you multiply the length of the report by the number of rolls, it will become clear how much residue will be obtained at the end of the repair.
Thanks to these indicators, it becomes easier to create a list of the necessary materials for wall decoration. Sometimes the report may differ in some units of procurement. Because of this, an error is obtained. Therefore, it’s worth buying a little more wallpaper than it turned out in the calculations.
Effective online services for working with numbers
In addition to mathematical calculations using a calculator and selected tables, there are special online services. Working with programs of this type is very simple, but there are many services with an incomplete interface.
There are calculators that will help you figure out how to calculate the number of wallpapers per room in online mode, knowing the following options:
- the length, height and width of the room, its perimeter;
- the area of door and window openings;
- the width and length of the selected wallpaper;
- report features .
Well-designed services will help to determine not only the amount of material needed by rolls, strips, but also the necessary volumes of glue. Sometimes there are additional functions to determine other parameters of the finishing material. Typically, paid programs have a set of additional calculations regarding pasting and wallpaper.