The purpose of the article is to explain to the reader how to clean the electric kettle from scale. The formation of solid deposits inside the flask of the device is a problem that must be solved immediately. Limescale appears due to the use of unfiltered water. To keep the kettle clean, you need to clean it regularly. For these purposes, you can use the simple tools available in the house of almost everyone. However, manufacturers make special chemicals for these purposes. What exactly to use - everyone will decide for himself. But first you need to study the information that is given in the article.
Housewives does not recommend descaling with metal scrapers and hard brushes. Mechanical cleaning of the kettle is an irrational and crude way, since it is so easy to damage the heating element - TEN. After this, not just cleaning, but a major overhaul of the device will be required. To reduce the likelihood of scale formation, the following rules for caring for the electric kettle must be followed:
- Use only filtered water.
- Carry out regular preventive measures to clean the appliance from scale. In this case, citric acid is useful.
- Do not leave water in the kettle.
- Weak deposits should be periodically washed with a cellulose sponge.
- If the heating element (this may be a disk or a spiral - depending on the model of the kettle) changed color or the coating cracked, so it is better to buy a new device, since repairing a failed device is a laborious and expensive task.
The main thing is to ensure that a strong scale formed, which can be cleaned with household chemicals or conventional means.
Using this descaling product is a fairly radical and effective method, how to clean an electric kettle. However, this method has one significant drawback - the appearance of a specific smell in the room where the device will be cleaned. This is not surprising, because table vinegar is a substance that has a sharp and unpleasant aroma. To descale with this product, you must follow this procedure:
- Make a special solution consisting of 100 ml of vinegar and 1 liter of clean water.
- Boil the finished mixture and wait approximately 3-4 hours so that the acid “corrodes” the solid deposits. If the walls and the heating element do not clean as a result, then you will have to repeat this procedure.
- Pour the solution and thoroughly wipe the device inside with a sponge.
- Pour water into the kettle and boil. This is necessary to wash away the remains of table vinegar.
- Rinse the flask with clean water.
The main thing is to thoroughly wash the bottom and walls of the device at the end. According to housewives, it is better to use vinegar to clean electric kettles, the case of which is made of stainless steel.
This substance is less aggressive than vinegar, but also not as effective. Citric acid will clear medium and weak raids. Usually it is used as a means for carrying out preventive cleaning. It is desirable to clean the substance with teapots whose case is made of stainless steel, food-grade plastic or heat-resistant glass. Housewives have come up with the best way to clean an electric kettle with citric acid:
- Pour 500 ml of water into the flask, turn on the device and wait until the liquid boils.
- Pour 2 tbsp into the kettle. tablespoons of citric acid powder.
- Turn off the device and wait for the solution to cool.
- Pour the waste liquid and pour water into the flask (preferably not from the tap, but filtered).
- Bring to a boil. If the stone deposits are not dissolved in an acidic environment, you will have to wipe the inside walls and the bottom of the device with a rag or soft sponge.
Instead of citric acid, you can use ordinary lemon, since it contains a sufficient amount of the substance mentioned. Fresh fruit needs to be cut into small slices, without removing the peel, and throw them into clean water drawn into the flask of the device. In this case, it is enough to boil the device several times to clear the kettle from scale.
This substance is an excellent tool for cleaning an electric kettle from limescale. There is a simple option, how to clean the electric kettle with soda, which consists of several simple steps:
- Pour half a liter of water into the household appliance.
- Turn on the appliance.
- Put 1 tbsp in a teapot spoon of baking soda.
- Wait for the solution to cool, and then pour it.
- Rinse the flask with clean water.
As a result, the scum will not dissolve , but it will become loose, so it needs to be washed and wiped with a clean sponge. In addition to the inner walls of the case, it is necessary to clean the spout of the kettle, where a grid is usually installed, which is a filter that traps large scale particles.
Vinegar must be contained in this liquid (apple, table, wine - it doesn’t matter), and this component softens well or completely removes scale. In addition, cucumber pickle can eliminate the rust formed inside the appliance, the body of which is made of metal. Therefore, it will turn out not only to remove the scum, but also to add gloss to the device.
To clean the electric kettle, according to housewives, you need to pour brine into the flask, turn on the device and wait until the liquid cools down. If the scale still remains, then you will have to repeat the specified procedure. But this method of cleaning has one drawback: the brine has a spicy aroma, to neutralize which you need to boil water several times and rinse the kettle.
For these purposes, it is better to use Sprite, since Fanta and Coca-Cola can leave colored streaks on the walls of a plastic or metal device. Typically, such drinks contain phosphoric acid. Thanks to this active ingredient, Sprite is considered an excellent tool for removing solid deposits. Using the specified carbonated drink to clean the kettle is an effective, but rather expensive method. According to the housewives, an unusual way to descale in an electric kettle using Sprite soda involves the following steps:
- Unscrew the bottle cap and wait a few hours.
- Pour Sprite into the flask.
- Boil the drink. Wait 15 minutes for the walls and bottom of the kettle to clear of scale.
- Drain the solution and thoroughly rinse the device.
You can use other carbonated drinks, but the main thing is to they were colorless and included phosphoric acid.
If previous the options for cleaning the electric kettle didn’t help, so you have to use special preparations for descaling you. Manufacturers of household chemicals make products (liquids, powders, tablets), with which it will be possible to quickly remove scale. Nevertheless, before using the drugs, you need to carefully study the instructions. In addition, it is necessary to observe the dosage and monitor the process so that the device does not fail prematurely. If during cleaning the flask of the device began to change color, then you need to stop the procedure and find another product containing citric or sulfamic acid.
Descaling with household chemicals is quite simple: pour or pour the drug into the device and boil it. The main thing is to follow the instructions and rinse the appliance thoroughly after cleaning. According to housewives, a good remedy is the "Anti-scale." But one pack is unlikely to be enough to completely eliminate the raid. You need to remember: before you clean the electric kettle with household chemicals, you need to wear latex gloves on your hands.
The article described the best and most effective ways to clean the electric kettle. It is necessary to remove scale from the walls of the device regularly, since water, which boils in a dirty appliance, is harmful to the body. If you ignore this requirement, as a result, it is likely that the parts of the kettle (especially the heating element) will quickly become worthless. In addition, the device will need more time to boil water. Therefore, you need to clean the kettle in order to save electricity.