Let nutritionists say that there is nothing more useful than steamed food. Our brain, having absorbed the culinary experience of many generations of nomads, is eager to see an appetizing, golden crust crunching on its teeth on meat and fish. And let us now prepare food not at the stake, but in the oven, the demand for it remains unchanged. We want to feel this baked crust at all costs. But if this is easy to achieve with meat, then with fish, especially lean meat, it is quite difficult.
Codfish in the oven just dry like mummies. But there are a few secrets that you need to know in order for the dish to look tasty and appetizing. In this article we will tell you how to fry fish in the oven with a crust. There are several culinary tricks to help achieve this notorious rosy. This is a breading, cheese "blanket", lubrication. And if you cook fish in foil or in a sleeve for baking, you should also not give up the crust. We will tell you how to achieve it and at the same time protect the product from overdrying.
Fish roasting has several advantages. Firstly, the beneficial substances of the product are preserved in this way. Secondly, you do not need so much oil that reduces the cost of the dish and makes it less nutritious. And thirdly, you do not need to stand by the stove, as is the case with frying. But you need to know the basic principles of how to bake fish in the oven with a crust and still not dry it. First of all, it's the choice of utensils.
The baking sheet, pan or pan must be either cast iron or clay or enameled. Other metal gives the product an unsightly gray color, a musty odor, and the temperature regime when glowing aluminum destroys the useful substances in the product.
The shape of the dishes also matters. Do not put the fish on a large baking sheet. Choose dishes according to the size of the product. To keep the fish in the juicy oven, it should be pickled or stuffed with lemon and aromatic herbs. Needless to say, the product must be pre-cleaned and gutted? This goes without saying. To achieve a delicious crust, put the form in a well-heated oven.
Not all inhabitants of rivers, lakes and seas are suitable for baking in the oven. Fatty fish varieties are most suitable for such cooking. The omega-3 fatty acids contained in salmon are not only good for health, but also protect the carcass from overdrying. Suitable for baking in the oven: mackerel, sea bass, macrourus, sardine, butterfish, notothenia, sea tongue, bluefish, cod, crucian carp, zuban, carp. But this is not a complete list.
In principle, if you know how to fry fish in the oven with a crust, then you can use any kind. It is simply necessary to apply additional means of protection against overdrying, such as, for example, foil or a special sleeve. Below we give recipes for baking hake and pollock - the types that are usually used for frying in a pan. But no matter what kind of fish you choose, the product must be fresh - live or chilled. Frozen fish in the oven can simply creep into the fibers.
Carp in the oven under the foil
This inhabitant of rivers and lakes is the leader in popularity among Russians. It is easy to get a living carp, because it is grown in fisheries. But how to fry fish in the oven with a crust in foil?
- We clean and gut a 1.5-kilo carcass.
- Cut off the head and fins (you can make the ear from them).
- Carefully rinse the body so that there is no black film in the abdominal cavity.
- On each side of the carp we make several incisions obliquely. They are needed so that the small bones of the fish will ignite and disappear.
- Rub the carcass outside and inside with a mixture of “For fish” spices and salt.
- Put 1-2 cloves of garlic into the abdomen, cut into plates . We leave it for marinating for half an hour.
- Turn on the oven 200 degrees.
- Place the carp in a baking dish.
- We make two tablespoons of honey in 50 milliliters warm water, add 50 ml of vinegar. We pour fish with this solution.
- Cover the mold with a piece of foil. We put in the oven.
- We bake for half an hour. Then remove the foil and continue cooking until golden brown.
Pilengas, loban and other mullet
U Carp is naturally fatty fillet. But how to fry fish with a crust in the oven if this species is dry? There is only one way out: to protect it from overdrying with a reliable "shell" from the breading. Here is the recipe, following which you will definitely get a delicious fish with a crisp:
- Two or three Pilengas we clean of scales, cut off the heads and fins, gut, rinse.
- Turn the oven on 200 degrees.
- Two tablespoons roast peanuts in a dry frying pan, peel them off and crush with a rolling pin.
- Finely chop a small bunch of parsley with dill and mix with nuts.
- Add two more tablespoons of breadcrumbs and three oatmeal Hercules flakes. The last ingredient still needs to be rubbed with your hands to grind.
- Everything, the breading is ready. If you wish, you can add another teaspoon of paprika to it.
- To keep this loose mixture on fish, prepare a sauce.
- Mix 100 grams of sour cream, juice of one lemon and a pinch of salt.
- Lubricate the baking dish with a spread. Put fish there.
- Pour sauce and sprinkle with breading.
- Send to the well-heated oven for half an hour.
To bake this fish with a crust in the oven, you can resort to such a method of protection as foil. Trout is quite oily and can be cooked with a side dish, such as potatoes. Small fish can be baked whole and with the head. You just need to clean and gut the carcass well.
- Rub the fish inside and out with salt and pepper.
- In the abdomen, place a few twigs of tarragon (or thyme).
- On the foil sheet, place the mugs of half an orange.
- We put the fish on a barrel on them.
- Cover it with the remaining orange and seal the foil with the envelope.
- Turn the oven on 180 degrees, grease the mold with oil.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into cubes.
- Place the foil bag directly on top of the root.
- Put the mold in the oven. We bake for half an hour.
- Cut the foil and get a delicious crust on the fish.
- While the trout is baking, prepare the sauce.
- Cucumber clean, finely three, wring out the juice, flesh mix with 150 g sour cream.
- Add 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves, salt and pepper. This sauce is served separately to the fish.
Pink salmon under a cheese crust in the oven
It is very easy to bake salmon fish. It is so oily that the oil will also flooded out of it. First turn on the oven. It should warm up to 180 degrees.
- Cut the pink salmon into steaks.
- Each with salt and black pepper.
- Cover the bottom of the deep form with foil.
- Spread steaks.
- Sprinkle pink salmon with lemon juice and grease with a thin layer of mayonnaise.
- Two hundred grams of three hard cheese. We cover them with all the steaks.
- Bake, depending on the thickness of the slices, from half an hour to 40 minutes.
- We focus on the color of the ruddy hat that covers the pink salmon steaks in the oven.
Fish in a cheese crust is well served with a side dish of boiled rice, pasta or vegetables.
Salmon with vegetable garnish
There is so much fat from this salmon family fish that you can bake eggplant with zucchini in it.
- Fi cut salmon (about a kilogram) into portions.
- Fry in a pan in a small amount of olive oil until golden brown.
- Fish in the oven with vegetables (sliced zucchini, eggplant, carrot ) then baked for 20 minutes at a temperature of 170 degrees.
- In the form, together with these ingredients, you can add grated parmesan and pour a few tablespoons of breadcrumbs.
- Salmon loves milk sauce. But here in the recipe it is proposed to make the following gravy. In a blender bowl, mix 60 g of fresh green basil, a pinch of ground red chili pepper, 60 g of pine nuts and 100 milliliters of olive oil. Grind it all into an emulsion. Pour over the dish with ready-made sauce.
Are you used to eating this fish only smoked? Baked mackerel is no less tasty. You need to know the trick of cutting it. It is necessary to incise the carcass from the back, from the neck to the tail. You should also remove the ridge by grabbing it with your fingers.
- We cut the abdomen and seize the insides.
- We’ll rinse the carcass well.
- To make fish with a crust in the oven, it is recommended to marinate the mackerel in the recipe.
- Rub the carcass with salt and a mixture of spices.
- It will not hurt to sprinkle it with lemon juice.
- Inside you can put mushrooms fried in oil with onions (champignons or forest).
- Cover the form with foil.
- Put the mackerel back up.
- Bake at 180 degrees for about half an hour.
- When the appetizing crust forms on the fish, You can supplement the dish with non-greasy cheese, for example, crush a mozzarella head there. Or make a delicious cream sauce for baked mackerel.
This is baked in the oven fish with a crisp entered the classics of Russian literature. Anton Pavlovich Chekhov wrote about sour cream in sour cream, and no one has come up with a better recipe. We follow the prescriptions of the classic.
- We clean the Karasey, gutter it, rinse it thoroughly.
- Slightly dry it with paper towels, salt it and pepper it.
- Fry it on the vegetable oil in a pan to the notorious golden crust.
- We put the fish in a suitable baking dish.
- Let’s cover with a “blanket” of fried onion rings on top.
- Pour sour cream generously.
- Put the mold in a very hot oven for 20 minutes. Karasi, in the language of the classic, should “grind.”
- Sour cream, mixed with onion juice, saturates the fish well. At the same time, the crust obtained during frying will not go anywhere. You can serve crucians with any side dish.
Do you think that you will never bake this fish with a crust in the oven? You just need to know some secrets. Herring, especially Don, freshwater, is perfectly baked. With this cooking method, all of its many small bones are dissolved. The fish must be gutted and washed.
- Let's make several longitudinal cuts on the sides of the carcass.
- Rub it on all sides with salt and spices.
- Be sure to sprinkle with lemon juice or table vinegar.
- Let’s marinate at least a quarter of an hour.
- Lemon juice (or vinegar) will soften the tissues and nourish the fish fillet with moisture, so that the herring does not dry out in the oven.
- We put the carcasses in a form lubricated with vegetable oil. It is desirable that there is as little free space as possible.
- The herring can also be greased with a silicone brush with vegetable oil or sour cream, but only with a very thin layer.
- Bake until crisp.
Halibut, telapia, pollock
People like these types of fish for white fillet and a small number of bones. Pollock and halibut are mostly fried, breaded well. This shell prevents the carcass from breaking up into unappetizing fibers. We will use the exact same method for baking in the oven. How to fry fish with a crust in a pan is known. It is dipped in batter, and then spread on a hot surface with a small amount of vegetable oil. But in the pan only the bottom side of the fish is subjected to heat treatment, while in the oven the whole carcass is whole. Therefore, you need to take care of effective protection against overdrying.
- Beat the protein.
- In another plate, mix the spices with a little salt.
- In the third plate, prepare the breadcrumbs.
- Turn the oven on 180 degrees.
- Cover the form with parchment and grease it with vegetable oil.
- Dip each fish first in protein, and then in spices and crackers.
- Zap bake from 20 minutes to half an hour.
Hake, pike perch
Do not believe when you are told that these species of fish are not suitable for baking. From the zander fillet and hake, you can cook an excellent dish in the oven. How to fry fish with a crust? There is such a culinary technique as an onion "pillow". When baking, this vegetable actively releases juice, which moisturizes the air in the oven. In addition to onions, you can cut other root vegetables (carrots, for example) for a “pillow.”
You can immediately cook a main dish with a side dish. That is, add mushrooms or vegetables to the onion. The main thing is that they are juicy. Do not forget to put fragrant herbs. We place the fish on this pillow. Just in case, cover with a sheet of foil. But after a quarter of an hour we remove it and bring the fish to a brown color.