In the modern world it is very difficult to overestimate the convenience and practicality of disposable diapers. It would seem that there is nothing complicated in using them. But most young mothers often have the question of how to properly wear a diaper for a boy. We will consider the features of using and choosing the right product for baby hygiene in the article.
Features of diapers for boys
Some young mothers often wonder why they should not wear diapers for boys. Nevertheless, diapers are the most convenient means for baby's hygiene today.
Consider the main criteria for the difference in diapers for boys and girls:
- The absorbent layer for male infants is closer to the tummy. And for girls it’s located closer to the middle of the product.
- Models for boys have free space in front.
- Diapers for guys are usually made in shades of blue and blue, and they also add pictures of cars to the product or animals.
Wearing baby diapers is often enough. This action must be performed before and after a walk, after sleep, and before feeding. In all other cases, it is necessary to change the diaper as it is filled. Since this procedure is often performed, young mothers should read the instructions.
You have probably heard that the use of diapers can negatively affect men's health. In fact, there is not a single medical evidence of the harm of diapers. Moreover, it has been scientifically proven that sperm begins to be produced no earlier than at the age of 7, so the use of diapers cannot affect the reproductive function.
How often to wear a diaper for a newborn boy? The best option is to use diapers exclusively during sleep and walking, the rest of the time it is advisable for the child’s skin to breathe. For these purposes, you can use loose cotton panties or take air baths.
How to wear a diaper for a boy?
It is important for a newborn to experience maximum discomfort. Therefore, it is so important to familiarize yourself with how to wear a diaper for a newborn male.
- Prepare a changing table. Put a warm diaper or thin blanket on it. So the boy will be much warmer and more comfortable.
- Arrange the necessary tubes of cream, wet wipes and other accessories for hygiene procedures so that they are in maximum accessibility.
- After all prepared, place the baby on the cradle.
- Remove the dirty diaper. Then wipe the little crumbs with a damp cloth.
- Apply a special cosmetic product to clean skin under a diaper or powder.
- Spread a clean diaper.
- Then lay it on a changing table .
- Gently lower the crumbs into it.
- Before fastening the product, make sure that the absorbent layer of the diaper is at the optimum height. This is necessary in order to avoid leakage.
- Then, with the upper part of the diaper, it is necessary to cover the tummy of the newborn, and then straighten the side folds and the belt of the product so as not to rub the delicate skin of the baby.
- open the Velcro on the diaper and fasten them, but not too tightly. This is necessary so that the baby feels as comfortable as possible.
After you do everything according to the above instructions, you should once again check all gum and creases to make sure that the risk of rubbing or pressure will be reduced to zero.
Here is such an informative answer to the question of how to properly wear a diaper for a boy. If you perform this manipulation correctly, then no problems should arise. Moreover, do not forget about the right choice of hygiene products in this category. If parents doubt the choice of diapers, then you can consult a pediatrician or a pharmacy worker.
So we figured out how to wear a diaper for a boy. Now you can find out information about what to consider when choosing a diaper for guys:
- On the packaging of diapers, there must be a mark “for boys”. These products are characterized by a certain type of sorbent that absorbs liquid.
- Pay attention to the size and purpose of the weight of the newborn. They are indicated by numbers and may differ from different manufacturers. Therefore, before choosing 2 or 3 sizes, read the information about which weight category they are suitable for.
- If the weight of the crumbs is in an intermediate value, then preference should be given to larger products.
- Please note that diapers for a boy should be “breathable”, since overheating can negatively affect men's health. Moreover, when the product does not allow air to pass through, babies may experience diaper rash.
- If the baby is a year old, you should think about changing diapers to panties, as well as accustom the boy to the potty.
- Avoid diapers that are made using perfumes. The fact is that such materials can provoke the occurrence of allergic reactions on the delicate skin of the newborn.
The effect of diapers on the urination system
Most young mothers are interested in whether diapers can be worn by boys constantly. You have probably heard the widespread belief that the use of diapers can cause the development of a disease such as enuresis. So, according to scientific studies, this statement has not been confirmed.
Regarding the question of how old boys can wear diapers, a lot depends on the decision of the parents. Modern models of diapers allow the skin of the newborn to "breathe", have hypoallergenic properties. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with the fact that parents will begin to accustom the baby to the potty only after a year.
ImportantSkills for controlling urination in boys begin to form between two and three years of life. For each child, there is a time when he should "sit on the potty." Therefore, to write off the difficult weaning from diapers for their use does not make any sense.
What should be remembered
The question of whether diapers can be changed for boys constantly is rather rhetorical. The child needs to change diapers in a timely manner to avoid various problems. Moreover, do not forget that the baby should regularly take air baths. Therefore, before the next diaper change, it is necessary to leave the baby to lie naked on a diaper for 5-30 minutes. The choice of frequency and duration depends solely on the decision of the parents.
Tips for mothers
- Promptly change the diaper of a newborn.
- Watch the skin of the baby. If the crumb’s ass is wet, then the diaper needs to be changed.
- An ideal diaper change is after each urination. Of course, most mothers do not. Since such a diaper consumption can seriously affect the family budget. Therefore, the optimal time for changing the diaper between urination is considered to be 4 hours.
- How to wear a diaper for a boy? To avoid problems with the fit of the product, try to choose diapers that fit the size of the baby.
- When buying diapers, pay special attention to the integrity and tightness of the package.
- Each time you change the diaper, leave the newborn for a while to lie naked. Air baths help reduce the risk of diaper rash.
So we figured out the question of how to properly wear a diaper for a boy.
Most Mummies claim that almost all diapers have a "greenhouse effect." Therefore, it makes no sense to buy expensive brands. The main thing is to change diapers in a timely manner and observe the regime of air baths. Thus, you can minimize all the negative consequences for boys from using diapers.
Nevertheless, almost all young mothers agree so that for male infants it is necessary to choose diapers only labeled “for boys”. What about diapers? Modern mothers and pediatricians do not recommend their use, as they are considered much more harmful to the health of boys. The fact is that modern fabrics are difficult to pass air unlike diapers, so the risk of diaper rash and the creation of a "greenhouse effect" increases.