Some people face such a rather unpleasant and delicate problem as itching of the foreskin in men. Such a pathological condition greatly complicates everyday life, as thoughts come down to how to sneak up intimate places. Diagnosis, symptoms, causes and treatment of foreskin pruritus in men will be discussed in this article.
Why does it occur?
There are practically no representatives of the stronger sex who have never encountered such a problem. The causes of itching of the foreskin in men can be as follows:
- Inadequate hygiene. Some men mistakenly believe that washing the penis is enough to produce no more often than several times a week. Unfortunately, with this approach to personal hygiene, itching, redness and inflammation of the head occur. It is also not recommended to ignore the shower after intercourse.
- An allergic reaction that may occur to new synthetic underwear, detergents, lubricants, condoms.
- Candidiasis or thrush occurs not only in women. Members of the stronger sex can also be affected by fungi of the Candida genus.
- Genital herpes, one of the manifestations of which is itching and burning when urinating.
- Balanoposthitis is a disease in which the foreskin becomes inflamed. Pathogens can be either bacteria or infectious diseases.
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
- Some types of scabies.
Also unpleasant symptoms may occur if you have a history of diabetes, hypovitaminosis, eczema, or mechanical damage or even poor nutrition.
Itching of the foreskin in men may not be the only manifestation of the disease. Often a person feels such unpleasant symptoms:
- pain during urination or sexual intercourse;
- uncharacteristic discharge from the urethra;
- burning of the glans penis;
- puffiness of the foreskin;
- rash under the head and redness;
- decreased quality of sexual intercourse, early ejaculation;
- production of a large amount of smegma (secretion of the sebaceous glands that are under the head of the penis) with a characteristic strong unpleasant odor;
- increase in body temperature, especially in the evening;
- increase in pa lymph nodes.
The itching itself is already an occasion to seek qualified medical help, and in the presence of other symptoms, a visit to the doctor should take place as soon as possible.
Find out the causes of itching in an intimate place should be started from the therapist’s office. He will conduct an examination of the patient, a survey during which all the symptoms will be clarified, and then appoint additional consultations with related specialists, such as a urologist and venereologist.
Based on medical reports, laboratory tests can be prescribed that are necessary in order to understand the cause of the itching. All the data that will be obtained during the diagnosis is very important for making the correct diagnosis and prescribing treatment.
With itching of the foreskin in men, laboratory tests are mandatory to determine the causative agent of this condition. They can be as follows:
- A blood test to determine the inflammatory process in the body. It can also be performed to exclude or confirm the presence of certain sexually transmitted diseases.
- Bacteriological culture from the urethra in order to determine the presence of fungi of the genus Candida and others.
- Allergen analysis.
- Laboratory test for scabies.
Cases when itching under the foreskin in men is caused by insufficient hygiene, these studies do not show I needed.
Treatment of thrush
One of the most common causes of discomfort can be candidiasis. It can occur during sexual contact with an infected woman, non-observance of the rules of personal hygiene, somatic diseases. The treatment of male forehead pruritus caused by candidiasis is as follows:
- Local use of drugs such as cream "Clotrimazole", "Nizoral", "Miconazole.
- Taking drugs orally. These include tablets "Flucostat", "Fluconazole", "Itraconazole". Each of the drugs has its own peculiarities, therefore it is prescribed at different stages of the disease.
Most often, within 5-7 days of regular treatment of itching of the foreskin in men with ointment in combination with tabletted medications, unpleasant symptoms go away. It is important to remember that both sexual partners should undergo treatment, even if the woman does not have specific symptoms. In addition, sex is prohibited during treatment.
This disease, unfortunately, cannot be completely cured. However, it is possible to put him into a state of prolonged remission, in which the symptoms in the form of itching of the foreskin in men will not bother. For this, the following treatment is prescribed:
- Acceptance of oral antiviral drugs, such as Acyclovir, Zovirax, Cyclovir. At the initial stage, that is, before the appearance of characteristic vesicles, the virus can be suppressed by taking drugs for only one to two days.
- With active external manifestations of herpes, it is recommended to use creams and ointments that act on the virus, suppress itching, and also reduce external inflammation. These include Panavir, Gerferferon.
- In some cases, it is necessary to take medications that increase immunity. This is tincture of Eleutherococcus, vitamin complexes.
- With an increase in body temperature and worsening well-being, such drugs as Teraflu are used.
Also, in the presence of severe itching, antihistamines can be used - Fenistil, Tsetrin. In some cases, it is possible to quickly achieve a state of remission using non-drug methods of treatment, such as plasmapheresis, endovascular laser blood processing.
Treatment of balanoposthitis
Itching on the foreskin in men, a photo of which demonstrates this an unpleasant situation, can be caused by inflammation of the foreskin or balanoposthitis. The following drugs are used for its treatment:
- Broad-spectrum antibiotics such as Ciprofloxacin, Suprax, Levomycetin, Doxycycline, Azithromycin. The standard course of treatment is about 10 days.
- Antifungal and antimicrobial drugs, such as "Fluconazole", "Furagin", "Acyclovir", "Nevigramon", "Metronidazole". Some of these drugs can be produced in the form of creams, which makes it possible for their topical application.
- Antiseptic agents - Miramistin, Akriderm, Levomekol, Clotrimazole, Pimafucin, which can be both in the form of a lotion and in the form of a gel, which also makes the preparations convenient for local use.
Often, with competent and timely treatment, the symptoms disappear on the fifth day of therapy. otherwise manifestations of balanoposthitis may return.
Sexually transmitted diseases
This term combines many sexually transmitted diseases. Their treatment is most often carried out with narrow-spectrum antibiotics:
- With gonorrhea, such tablets as Cefixime and Ofloxacin are effective.
- Chlamydia is treated with medication " Doxycycline. "
- Ureaplasmosis helps to overcome pills such as Azithromycin.
- Trichomoniasis is treated with Trichopolum or Clion.
- With chlamydia, it was especially effective Clacid.
Redness and itching of the foreskin in men often occurs as a manifestation of a sexually transmitted disease. In this case, it is important to correctly and timely determine the causative agent of the disease. During therapy, it is important to completely abandon sexual contact, as well as alcoholic beverages.
Treatment of scabies
In some cases, itch mite can cause itching. Often this small, invisible to the human eye insect settles on the hands, however, there are cases of damage to the penis. In this case, the following therapy is prescribed:
- Acaricidal drugs, such as Benzyl benzoate ointment, Medifox solution, Sulfur ointment, Spregal aerosol, Crotamiton cream.
- Folk remedies, such as essential oils of tea tree, thyme, which must be applied to the whole body or take baths with them.
Self-medication in any of the above cases can be dangerous, therefore, before conducting therapy It is necessary to get a full consultation of specialists.
In the vast majority of reasons, itching in the genital area of a man occurs due to improper or inadequate hygiene or when wearing tight and synthetic underwear . If you refuse cowards of low-quality materials, as well as if you pay enough attention to the hygiene of the genitals, you can get rid of itching in just a few days. For washing, it is recommended to use hypoallergenic products, as well as abandon gels and soaps with strong perfumes. Especially these rules are relevant for increased sweating. Also, when washing the genitals, special attention should be paid to the foreskin and the area under the head of the penis.
Often antibiotics are used for treatment, the use of which is strictly prohibited. It is also recommended to abandon sexual intercourse until complete recovery. In addition, it is very important that the partner is also diagnosed.
There can be many reasons for itching of the foreskin in men. It is important to find a qualified health professional who will help determine the exact diagnosis and prescribe the right treatment. At the initial stage of the disease, therapy is much faster, and the treatment is highly effective.