With periosteal massage you can eliminate pain and tension in a specific part of the body. A person often instinctively kneads bruised places, rubs a tired eye, presses on the temples with a headache. Such manipulations formed the basis of massage, a harmless and reliable tool that helps improve overall health. But time does not stand still. New massage techniques are emerging that help eliminate diseases.
Thanks to Paul Fogler and Herbert Kraus, there is such a thing as “periosteal massage” in our time. The main advantage of this treatment is ease of execution and high performance. If a person has a serious illness, then this method of therapy will not help to completely cure the disease, but it will significantly improve the general condition of the patient. Under such conditions, therapy should be comprehensive. Massage should be performed exclusively by a qualified specialist, otherwise it can be harmful to health and aggravate the course of the pathology.
Features of massage
After numerous studies, experts concluded that many diseases are accompanied by a pathological change in the human bone tissue. In the process of developing cardiovascular diseases, a thickening on the rib in the form of a roller is often formed. Pathological muscle spasm is a prerequisite for the accumulation of substances in the periosteum, which are called the mediator of pain. In the process of development of many ailments, blood circulation and innervation are disturbed. Under such conditions, the tissue nutrition process worsens and a change in their structure appears.
Massage of such problem areas is called periosteal. Thanks to this procedure, you can:
- improve blood flow;
- accelerate metabolic processes;
- stimulate cell regeneration;
- restore bone tissue ;
- eliminate pain.
During the process of working out the neck or neck, the quality of vision and the cardiovascular system improves.
Indications for the procedure
Before performing the manipulation you need to consult a doctor and go through Yelnia medical examination in order to identify any contraindications to such treatment are available. Periostal massage can be performed as an independent procedure, and also prescribed for:
- heart disease;
- bronchitis ;
- asthma ;
- allergic cough;
- inflammatory process;
- fracture ;
- polyarthritis ;
- joint pathologies;
- osteochondrosis ;
There are several contraindications based on of which it is forbidden to perform therapeutic periosteal massage, namely:
- excessive tissue sensitivity;
- the presence of neoplasms and tumors;
- bone tuberculosis;
- serious injury.
In frequent cases, massage does not provoke a side effect, except for swelling at the site of pressure. But if discomfort manifests itself in the form of migraine, nausea and vomiting, worsening of general well-being, you should call a doctor at home.
Recommendations of doctors
If you experience any discomfort and your general health worsens during the procedure, you should suspend the session and seek the advice of a doctor. To achieve the maximum positive result after the massage, it is necessary that it is carried out by a competent specialist who will perform the procedure qualitatively.
Periosteal massage helps to improve the well-being of a person. Acupressure techniques will eliminate pain and relieve nervous tension. Before performing the manipulation, it is important to determine the areas of impact. Nowadays, there are no special maps of the segmental ratio of bone tissue and organs, so the massage therapist uses the method of palpation: he finds a painful place with a changed surface. The specialist uses an atlas of professional massage of the nerve mesh and Zakharyin-Geda zones. To find treatment fields, you need to familiarize yourself with the following aspects:
- In case of migraine and headache, a specialist examines the shoulder blades and neck, the back of the head, forehead and cheekbones.
- In case of cardiovascular diseases, it is necessary to pay attention to the area of the ribs on the left side and thorax.
- For pathologies of the stomach, the costal arch and chest with the xiphoid process should be palpated.
- In case of eye diseases, the sacrum, air crest and lower back, 4 and 5 vertebra should be felt.
It is necessary to carry out manipulations with the fingertips or with the hand.
Recommendations of specialists
More and more often, doctors prescribe periosteal massage to patients. Performance techniques are different, a lot depends on the set therapeutic goal. During the procedure, it is important to follow the recommendations of doctors, namely:
- press your fingers on the skin until you feel the resistance of a hard surface;
- work out problem areas in a circular motion;
- every 3 seconds it is necessary to weaken the pressure;
- one point needs to be massaged no more than two minutes, otherwise a functional disturbance may appear;
- end the massage with a strong smoothing movement.
During the procedure, the patient should take a comfortable position - lying or sitting. The patient needs to relax the body as much as possible during the massage. The doctor must monitor the patient's condition. If sweating occurs, the procedure must be stopped.
Using a pressing periosteal therapeutic massage, you can work out any available bone surface. Based on the video lessons of S.V. Dubrovsky, we can conclude that:
- The lumbar region is recommended to be massaged in the presence of severe back pain.
- If the sensitivity and mobility of the legs were impaired, then it is necessary to press on the sides of the spinous processes, especially in those areas where a painful sensation occurs. It is recommended to perform from 2 to 9 approaches on each side.
- Massage should be performed in the area of the chest if the patient has bronchitis or pleurisy, heart function is impaired. The right side is responsible for the liver, gall bladder and duodenum, the left side is for the stomach, spleen and intestines.
- During the massage, it is important to take into account the patient's breathing rhythm. On exhalation we increase pressure, and on inhalation weaken.
- For arthrosis, chronic diseases, inflammation of periostitis, it is necessary to massage the knee joints in a circular motion. and squeezing movement. During the procedure, the fingers should be folded together.
Before taking the course of therapy, it is important to consult a doctor and determine if there are any contraindications. The principles of professional massage need to be discussed in detail with a doctor. It is best that the procedure is carried out by a specialist, since it is dangerous to treat the disease at home: this often provokes the development of health problems.