You don't have to buy the famous Philadelphia cheese in a store where its price is pretty high. You can do it yourself for less money. The article presents methods for preparing Philadelphia curd cheese and a photo of the finished product. This will require the most ordinary products, which, as a rule, are always at hand. You will see that it is not difficult to cook Philadelphia curd cheese at home. And now the ideal ingredient for sandwiches, pastries and various desserts will be at your disposal at any time.
Philadelphia is a popular product in the world that belongs to the category of cream cheese. The industrial production method involves the use of ingredients such as skim milk, whey, cheese culture, concentrated whey protein, stabilizer, salt, sorbic acid, palmitate. It is much easier to cook at home. As a rule, home-made Philadelphia cheese is cottage cheese. The recipe with cottage cheese is one of the most popular, although there are other options: from kefir, milk, sour cream, yogurt.
An analogue of a well-known cheese obtained by a home recipe differs in taste from an analogue, although it is close to it. It turns out to be very tender, tasty and fits no worse for making sandwiches and desserts than the real one.
Another advantage of a home-made product, in addition to its relative cheapness, is that appetizing curd cheese will be ready in just ten minutes.
The calorie content of cheese made from eggs and cottage cheese will be approximately 70 kcal per 100 g.
The simplest option
For the preparation of curd cheese“ Philadelphia "According to this recipe you will need only three ingredients:
- 300 g og any fat content (to your taste).
- Two pinches of salt.
- One large chicken egg.
To make the cheese with a perfect texture, it is necessary to observe the norm of products. The egg needs to be taken fresh and large (can be replaced with three quail), the cottage cheese should be soft.
Cooking cream cheese:
- Beat the egg with salt in any way possible: using a food processor, mixer or blender. Beat at high speed for about three to four minutes. The mass should turn white and increase in volume.
- It is advisable to knead the cottage cheese before adding it to the bowl with the egg or rub through a sieve.
- Add the cottage cheese to the egg and beat for three to five at high speed minutes until the grains completely disappear.
Put the finished Philadelphia curd cheese into a bowl. It can be used to make puffs, cheesecakes, pies or just spread on bread. Store in the refrigerator for a day, no more.
When a small amount of lemon juice is added, Philadelphia curd cheese acquires a spicy sourness.
For this option you will need the following products:
- 300 g of cottage cheese.
- One chicken egg or three quail eggs.
- Half a lemon.
- Half a teaspoon of salt.
- Half a teaspoon of granulated sugar.
Making cheese curds:
- Break the egg into g ubokuyu bowl and whip it until fluffy, white and increase the volume. Beat at high speed.
- Add salt and sugar to the egg and beat again.
- Squeeze the juice from half the lemon into the mixture of eggs, sugar and salt. To prevent the pulp of fruit and seeds from falling into a bowl, you need to use a fine sieve.
- Pour the resulting mass into a large bowl and put the cottage cheese in it.
- Using a submersible blender, beat the mass until smooth consistency. If there is no blender, you need to wipe the cottage cheese first through a sieve, then knock it with the egg mass using a mixer.
- Put the finished Philadelphia curd cheese in the refrigerator for cooling. Then you can eat, spreading pieces of baguette or cookies.
From home-made cottage cheese
This recipe for Philadelphia curd cheese uses home-made cottage cheese. This cooking option is also not very difficult. The main thing is to follow the recipe and technology. The following products will be required:
- 0.5 liters of kefir.
- Liter of milk.
- One egg.
- A teaspoon of lemon juice.
- A teaspoon of sugar.
- A teaspoon of salt.
The order of preparation of cream cheese:
- Pour fresh milk into a saucepan, put on medium heat and bring to a boil with constant stirring. In the process, add sugar and salt and dissolve them in milk.
- Pour kefir into a separate container and heat it on the stove until a little warm.
- When the milk boils, immediately turn off the heat and pour warm yogurt, while not forgetting to stir constantly until the milk turns into cottage cheese, which takes about two minutes. Continue stirring for a while, and stop when it is clear that nothing is changing.
- Take another pan, put a colander on it, cover it with cheesecloth, folded in four layers, and gently pour the curd milk, helping with a spoon, but in no case squeezing the cottage cheese. Tie gauze crosswise and hang it in order to whey the glass for 15 minutes.
- Break the egg into the blender, add lemon juice and knock down. Then add the finished cottage cheese and grind it with a blender until a creamy structure is obtained.
Transfer the finished cheese to a suitable container, cover with a lid and put in the refrigerator. From the proposed number of products, 280 g of finished cheese is obtained.
With cream and fresh herbs
Cream gives the finished product a creamy taste and makes the texture softer, and greens add piquancy. To prepare a cream cheese according to this recipe, you will need to take the following products:
- 200 ml of fat cream (at least 30%).
- 500 g of cottage cheese.
- 200 ml sour cream.
- A third of a teaspoon of salt.
- Greens to your taste.
- Whip cream until stable peaks, add sour cream, cottage cheese and salt to them. If desired, you can add chopped greens, but this is not necessary.
- Mix all the ingredients and leave the cream for a day.
The next day, cream cheese “Philadelphia” can be consumed. Keep the product tightly closed in the refrigerator so that it does not absorb foreign odors. It is not recommended to store it for a long time - no more than a couple of days.
What you can cook
With curd cream you can cook a lot of different dishes, including:
- Baking (pies, cakes, cupcakes, cookies, puffs, cinnabon rolls, muffins, gratin and more).
- Sandwiches (toasts and fresh bread, greased with cheese and decorated with fresh herbs).
- Rolls and sushi.
- Desserts (panna-cat, cheesecakes).
- Cream for spreading cakes, pastries).
- Rolls with vegetables, seafood, salted fish, as well as sweet.
- Tartlets with caviar, salmon.
- Soup puree.
- Salads (with vegetables, chicken, crab).
- Porridge (oatmeal, buckwheat).
- Ice Cream.
Now you know how to cook and how to properly use the homemade Philadelphia cream cheese. This universal product will appeal to any housewife, because its use is limitless.