The high-quality operation of the pneumatic system is based on the fact that the possibility of air leakage is completely eliminated. Solving this problem is quite simple, as manufacturers have developed a huge number of different devices. But the pneumatic fitting, which is presented in the form of a part for tight and reliable fastening, copes with the task best.
Pneumatic fittings are commonly called products that work in constant contact with compressed air. Such units allow for optimal functionality of the entire system. The devices guarantee the tightness of the channels, due to which they are used as an element for complex assemblies in the transitions of air channels. All modern pneumatic fittings can be used at high temperatures. They withstand quite a strong external impact, while remaining unharmed.
Advantages and disadvantages
Traditional pneumatic fittings are used by specialists to install detachable connections based on thread or crimp pressure. With proper installation, the units provide reliable sealing of the system. The choice of a particular product depends on the required reliability. The main benefits include the following features:
- Pneumatic fittings are universal, they can be used for installation of a water supply system.
- Products are made of high-quality alloys and polymers that are resistant to aggressive environments.
- Details are perfect for connecting pipes with a diameter of 9 mm.
- gh degree of sealing, even if the system has been repeatedly dismantled.
The only drawback of the products is the high cost, as well as limited use of collet connections.
Quick-detachable pneumatic fitting can be made of rilsan, nylon, polyethylene, polyurethane, teflon. Many manufacturers actively use nickel-plated steel, stainless alloys, and even copper. It is worth noting that brass pneumatic fittings are suitable only for those operating conditions where there is no aggressive environment. Experts identify several key categories of connectors that can help avoid air leakage:
- Simple connectors.
- Angled and straight.
- Adapters. >
- Splitters, tees.
To purchase high-quality fittings for pneumatic tubes, you must carefully follow certain rules. Particular care should be taken in cases where the products will be used to assemble medical units, systems and tools. The fixture should maximally correspond to the material and characteristics of the equipment. Strict requirements are established for chemical plants, as well as for those systems that are operated under high pressure, the risk of water hammer and extreme temperature. When choosing pneumatic fittings, be sure to pay attention to the following parameters:
- Internal environment. Peak and working pressure in the system.
- Place of operation of the connection. It can be a room, a street. It is necessary to take into account not only climatic features, but also the degree of space heating.
- Recommendations of the manufacturer himself, as well as international criteria.
- Type of fixation (collapsible, stationary).
In addition, the optimal configuration or purpose of the connector is always taken into account. Some units are designed for domestic use, and there are more advanced products that can cope with all industrial working conditions.