In this article we will consider the psychosomatics of prostatitis.
This is a pathology that affects mainly middle-aged and older men. However, recently the disease often occurs in younger patients. There is a connection between the onset of symptoms of the disease and some psychological abnormalities provoked by the lack of regular sexual activity.
Frequent urination is the main symptom of prostatitis. In 100% of cases, this pathology leads to the development of impotence. In advanced situations, cancer develops.
What does the term" prostatitis psychosomatics "mean?
Alternative medical practice
This is a kind of alternative medical practice that studies the impact of psychological factors on the development of diseases at the physical level. Many experts argue that there is a direct relationship between the chronic manifestations of prostatitis and the presence of various sexual disorders. According to most doctors and scientists, chronic prostatitis develops under the influence of many psychogenic and nervous disorders.
Some experts are of the opinion that infrequent sex life is one of the main causes of prostatitis. In addition, with this disease, a man may experience severe pain and thus add various kinds of sexual disorders.
Prostatitis and psychosomatics
When studying this relationship, scientists indicate that psychological abnormalities are observed, as a rule, in men who have signs of an inflammatory process in the prostate gland.
If you study the statistics, it turns out that prostatitis is more likely to affect men who are not sexually active or who have sexual contact is extremely rare. When making a diagnosis and further therapy, this fact must be taken into account.
Considering the psychosomatics of prostatitis in men, it is worth noting that erectile dysfunction often becomes the initial impetus for the development of the disease.
Thus, in the treatment of inflammation prostate gland only a urologist, but also a psychotherapist, and perhaps a second specialist will play a more important role in the treatment. Therefore, the disease must be considered from different angles.
We learn what Louise Hay thinks about the psychosomatics of prostatitis?
Louise Hay's Ideas
American writer Louise Hay is one of the founders of the self-help movement. She has written over 30 popular psychological books. The main idea of her work explains that the destructive emotions and bad feelings that a young man experienced are the main culprit in the development of bodily diseases and psychological problems. Louise is convinced that using specific tools, anyone can change their own thinking and cure the body of various diseases.
Louise Hay even compiled a special table that explains the most likely causes of a disease at a psychological level. This table not only reveals the causes of pathological phenomena, but also gives the necessary advice on what should be done to get rid of the disease.
What is the psychology of prostatitis?
Symbol of principle
The author calls the prostate a symbol of principle, and for this body to function smoothly, a man must fully accept his masculinity and be satisfied with it. And prostate pathologies are usually caused by the presence of internal fears that inhibit masculinity. This happens when a man experiences sexual overstrain, begins to give up and has a feeling of guilt, he begins to think about his aging.
Louise Hay advises men in this situation to sincerely love themselves and approve of everything, believe in their own strength and constantly convince yourself of the eternal youth of the spirit.
Experiences that promote the development of prostatitis
The most common experiences that the psychosomatics of prostatitis in young men explain are:
- Prostate - it is a gland that secretes a special juice, also present in semen. It is directly related to the functions of reproduction and procreation. For example, if a man experiences anxiety related to the health status of his children or grandchildren, his mind at a subconscious level encourages this body to work more efficiently, as a result, the prostate begins to increase in size. The causes of the psychosomatics of prostatitis must be clarified.
- The juice of the prostate gland has an alkaline composition, which is provided by nature in order to protect sperm in the acidic environment of the female genital organs. If the acidity of the vagina of the sexual partner is increased, the sperm do not survive. The human subconscious gives the command to increase the alkaline secretion to neutralize the woman’s excessive acid, and this also leads to an increase in the prostate in size and the development of prostatitis. Simply put, a negative relationship in the family can become a factor in the occurrence of prostatitis.
- Gland juice contains substances whose action is aimed at cleansing the urinary tract from germs. In the case when a man is ashamed of his sexual adventures, for example, in the presence of marital infidelity on his part, the subconscious of such a patient pushes the gland to inflammation, solving the issue of “cleansing” not only reproductive organs, but also conscience.
- Strong experiences of men bordering on stress. The prostate gland is often called the "second heart" of a man, and this is due not only to their external similarity. When a person is experiencing, people say that his heart hurts, such a condition can develop into prostatitis or into something even more serious.
Psychological causes of prostatitis
Prostate health problems appear in old age, when the period of sexual impotence is approaching. A man gradually loses control over situations that were previously in his power. Many men perceive the first manifestations of erectile dysfunction very painfully. As a result, they begin to exaggerate their condition, and pay too much attention to this problem. The patient subconsciously expects the next failure in sexual relations. This often applies not only to older men, but also to fairly young men.
The psychosomatic nuances of prostatitis are such that one of the following factors can give an impetus to it:
- Hypersensitive health, congenital anxiety . A similar condition can occur even at a very young age, during the first sexual experience or as a result of failure during sexual intercourse.
- Fear of not recovering or having doubts about the correctness of therapy. Prostatitis is easily treatable, especially if it is diagnosed in the early stages, but many patients tend to dramatize the situation, and cannot get rid of obsessive thoughts that the disease can develop into something dangerous, for which there is no cure.
- Anxiety over loss of potency. Despite the fact that the failure in bed was caused by severe fatigue or side effects of any medication taken, many men consider this a consequence of a terrible disease.
- Fear of consequences.
If you fail to contact a specialist in time who can help solve such a psychological problem, the situation may worsen. When a man goes to the doctor for drug therapy without psychological support, at any stage of treatment he may be haunted by thoughts about the futility of treatment. The patient himself does not notice how he begins to cheat himself in that he will not be able to recover, which means that his family will break up or the woman he loves will leave him, and so on. A man loses his appetite, is very upset, and sometimes even falls into deep depression. Such negative thoughts become the cause of the development of the disease.
Few people realize the connection between prostatitis and psychosomatics.
Many psychologists say that the cause of prostatitis must be sought in women who are nearby or have had an influence per patient in the past. Grandmothers, mothers, educators and educators - relationships with them in childhood form the future patterns of behavior for men. It is they who, by their example, demonstrate what a woman is and how to treat her.
Like any other diseases of the genitourinary system, inflammation of the prostate indicates problems in relations with the opposite sex. If a man behaves inappropriately with women, often insults and humiliates them, then in most cases he has diseases of the reproductive system.
What is the treatment of prostatitis psychosomatics?
Therapy of psychosomatic prostatitis aims to stop all the above psychological problems. Only an experienced specialist can find the right approach in each individual situation and prescribe the treatment that will be most effective.
In most situations, the following therapeutic methods are used:
- The therapist needs to talk with the patient, and the purpose of such a conversation will be the normalization of his psychosomatic state. The conversation should not contain negativity, the doctor should distract the patient from disturbing thoughts that provoke the onset of the symptoms of the disease.
- If such conversations are not enough to eliminate the existing problem, the doctor connects to the list of medications aimed at treating prostatitis, also means, the action of which will stabilize the psychological state of a man, helping him to get out of a depressed state with the help of drugs.
- In this situation, physical effects can have a beneficial effect on the course of therapy therapeutic treatments, such as massages, mineral baths, acupuncture, mud therapy. Such procedures contribute to peace and relaxation.
- If the treatment is not selected correctly and positive results are not observed, then signs of neuropsychiatric abnormalities appear. It is extremely important to detect them in a timely manner, find out the reason for their development and react correctly, more often with the help of medications.
The sooner the cause of prostatitis psychosomatics in men is identified, the more likely the patient is to recover, and the less likely it is gross violations of the psychoemotional state.
If some of the above psychosomatic deviations are observed in a man’s behavior, it is recommended to take preventive measures to avoid the development of pathology in the future.
In situ tions, when nothing foretells the development of the disease, but a man suffering from obsessions about the negative developments as a result of a single failure in bed, it is necessary to be convinced that a single case of sexual impotence is not considered a disease and does not indicate the onset of the disease. In no case should a sexual partner turn away from a man in a given psychological state. She should talk with him about this, support.
In the article we examined the psychosomatics of prostatitis.