When planning repair work, you have to deal with a lot of questions and difficulties associated with the preparation and implementation of this process. For an excellent result, a person requires maximum effort, accuracy, care and a clear plan of action. All this needs to be thought over well at the initial stage of work.
Preparation of the room for easy (cosmetic) repair
First of all, you need to prepare the surface for coating. First you should remove the old wallpaper. To do this, moisten them. If paint has been applied, then it must be removed, preferably with a spatula. To create a perfectly flat surface should be puttied and primed it. To apply the paint, you must achieve perfect evenness. To do this, you have to putty and polish several times. This can be done with sandpaper and a sponge.
When finishing with drywall and other materials, such painstaking alignment is not required. It is enough here that the surfaces converge at right angles.
It is necessary to remove the frames and skirting boards, use sandpaper to grind the windowsill, window and door paintings. If necessary, it should be putty and primed.
Tips for repairing surfaces
The work must be done according to the sketch plan. Walls and ceilings are painted with acrylic and water-based paints with various rollers. When working with decorative plasters, special fluids are used. On the first try, not everyone can do it. You need to practice well.
The basic rule in gluing wallpapers is to start work from the corner. It is important that the pattern matches the pattern. The product needs to be cut larger than the measured size, because the height of the wall can be different. In this case, you can safely fantasize: work with stencils, stickers, collages and various textures.
If the decoration is done with panels, calculations and measurements must be done before work and draw a diagram. You need to use the special adhesives specified in the instructions.
When applying wallpaper, leave the ceiling without a baguette is the highest skill, because not everyone knows how to do it perfectly perfectly. For greater accuracy, it is necessary to close the joints.
Easy repair does not involve a complete renovation of the floor. In this case, you can limit yourself to cleaning and varnishing parquet surfaces. Skirting board is easy to update. If desired, paint can be applied to windows, doors and window sills. Doors are updated by various ornaments and taping. Also, the batteries should be masked with beautiful grilles. Having done such a little work, you can achieve a good update of the old interior.
Sequence repair in the room
Before starting work, you need to carefully prepare everything, make calculations and draw up a diagram of the updated room. This is best recorded on paper. It will be easier and faster to carry out work. And of course, you need to strictly adhere to the sequence of repairs in the room. Also, before you start, you should think carefully about what work you can do yourself and what you need to trust the builders. After all, the amount of upcoming costs depends on this. What sequence of repairs in the room must be followed:
- It is necessary to specifically decide what kind of work to be performed (change windows, doors, tiles, etc.).
- Mandatory item is the distribution of finances when planning the sequence of repairs in a room. At this stage, it is necessary to carry out all calculations and measurements relating to the objects of reconstruction (walls, floors, ceilings, etc.).
- Then, the purchase of raw materials and preparation of the necessary equipment is carried out.
Builders recommend buying materials a little more than necessary so that you don’t have to spend time traveling to the store.
Repair in the room: where to start? Sequence
Before starting repairs, you need to free the room from unnecessary things that will interfere with work (remove all furniture, remove the chandelier and other items). Pre-vacuum the room. Experts advise starting work with windows and doors. To avoid harm to installed products (window, door) during the repair process, first put the frames, and then all other parts. Next, you need to begin to disassemble the old parts (remove the wallpaper, remove the plaster, coatings from the floor, etc.). And throw it all away so that it does not interfere with the work. It is necessary to adhere to the sequence of repairs in the room: ceiling, walls, floor. It is in this order that the work needs to be done. And only at the very end they install chandeliers, plinths, furniture and other objects.
- For good, quality work, you need to carefully clean and level the surfaces before installing new materials.
- According to the recommendations of specialists, before laying the floor on the floor, you need to install a cement screed to level the floor.
- The most suitable for the ceiling is the installation of the tension structure . She will look very beautiful and will last a long time. In addition, this design has built-in lighting, and there is no need for a chandelier.
- Now plastic products are considered the leader among windows. They have good sound insulation, durability and a long service life.
Nuances of arranging the bathroom
Just like in other rooms, it is necessary to adhere to the repair sequence in the bathroom. Only here it is necessary to change the pipes and plumbing, and then proceed to the steps described above. The bathroom is the most time-consuming in terms of repair. The difficulty lies in working with plumbing, electricity, installing tile and ceramic plates, as well as preliminary leveling the surface.
Recommendations of the builders on repairing the bathroom
Specialists give several recommendations:
- Dismantling works. Usually this process is performed in the premises of the old model. The size of the bathroom is increasing due to the analysis of the sanitary element.
- Water supply and sewerage. You can’t spare funds and efforts in installing these communications, otherwise there will be problems, and you will have to constantly change them due to leakage.
- Work with the ceiling. It can be done in two ways. You can make a plasterboard ceiling, and you get a perfectly flat surface (standard option) where you can install lighting. Tension structures are also used. This is a more reliable way. This type of ceiling is resistant to pressure in the event of floods from the neighbors.
- Conducting electricity. If this is a room with high humidity, during electrical installation procedures you need to be extremely careful and careful. It is strictly forbidden to install sockets and switches inside the bathroom.
- Products and equipment of sanitary ware. There are various types of plumbing elements on the market. You can choose plumbing utensils for every taste and color (sinks, bathtubs, boilers, hoods, toilets, showers, bidets, etc.).
- Tiled surface design. The final step in the repair of the bathroom is the installation of tiles. There are many types of this material on the market, everyone can choose at their discretion, finances and preferences.
Modern wall and floor coverings
Whatever the sequence of repairs walls in the room, first you need to make a list of necessary materials. It can be various wallpapers, slat materials, wooden lining, paintwork, decorative plaster, PVC panels and much more.
According to the plan, in the process of reconstruction, work is first going on with the ceiling. Always follow the sequence of repairs in the room. Walls and floors are finished after the ceiling. When installing flooring, you can use various modern materials instead of monotonous, bored linoleums. There are many types of flooring materials: MDF-based laminate, cork (high natural material), moisture-resistant elastic laminate, 3D self-leveling floors, various types of carpets and much more.
Thus, if you strictly follow the sequence repair in the room, this process will be significantly accelerated and will please a good result.