In a modern kitchen there are quite a lot of sausage recipes in pita bread with cheese. The composition of each is limited by the imagination of the cook. In the material presented below, several rather interesting, simple and tasty options for this dish will be analyzed as detailed as possible.
Fried dish in a pan
Quite often, a similar method of preparing this dish is found as “traditional”. For it you will need:
- a pack of thin pita bread;
- 300 grams of sausages;
- cheese - 150 grams;
- 70 grams of ketchup;
- 1 chicken egg;
- Dijon mustard.
Making sausage with cheese in pita bread is quite simple. The procedure is as follows:
- Cheese through a fine grater.
- Thin pita bread should be divided into rectangles. The width of each should be slightly larger than the length of the sausage.
- Lubricate each of the blanks with a thin layer of ketchup over the entire surface, except for the edges. You should have a dry frame about one and a half centimeters long.
- Next, spread the Dijon mustard with a thin layer. If you prefer more spicy dishes, you can use the usual one.
- Next, lay the cheese prepared in advance on one of the edges. You need to distribute it with a wide strip across the entire width of the pita, leaving one and a half centimeters of sides.
- Place the peeled sausage on the cheese.
- Now carefully roll the workpiece into a roll.
- Repeat the procedure with the rest of the products, having prepared a few more servings.
- Break the egg into a separate plate, add salt and whisk until a light foam appears. If desired, add spices.
- Put the pan with vegetable oil to heat.
- Now completely roll each roll in the resulting batter.
- Carefully place the blanks in the pan and fry until the pita bread is browned and crispy.
- Serve the sausages in the pita bread with cheese immediately as soon as they are fried, until they have cooled. Although in some cases the opposite is allowed.
In this case, it means pita bread in the oven with sausages and vegetables, in the manner of a fairly common fast food dish. For its preparation you will need:
- 2 thin pita bread;
- 6 sausages;
- 200 grams of Korean carrots;
- 100 grams of cabbage;
- 4 tbsp. tablespoons of mayonnaise;
- head of red onion;
- 3 sprigs of greens;
- 150 grams of hard cheese;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of ketchup.
How to cook a dish?
First of all, prepare the vegetables. To begin with:
- Chop onion into small pieces.
- Greens and cabbage finely chopped.
- Cheese is passed through a small grater.
- Sausages are fried in oil until golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sauce for sausage in pita bread with cheese. To do this, mix mayonnaise and ketchup with each other. Add spices.
- Now divide the pita into two parts.
- Spread each part with the sauce. Then put the carrots, greens and onions.
- Lay a strip of cheese on top and place a sausage on it.
- Now roll the workpiece into a roll and send the sausages with cheese in a pita to cook in a heated oven for 5 minutes.
Sausages in pita bread with potatoes and cheese
This is a rather interesting version of the dish, but at the same time very common and tasty. For it you will need:
- 4 Armenian pita breads;
- 12 sausages;
- 500 grams of cold mashed potato;
- 150 grams hard cheese;
- 4 tbsp. tablespoons of vegetable oil.
How to make a dish?
How to implement a recipe with thin pita bread, potatoes and sausages? First you need to process the longest cooking ingredient - potatoes. To do this:
- Root crops, wash, peel, divide into small pieces and send to cook. Do not forget to remove the foam during the process.
- As soon as the potatoes are cooked, drain the water and make mashed potatoes from it. Then put it in the refrigerator so that it cools down and becomes hard, so you can give it the necessary shape.
- Process the cheese on a coarse grater.
- Divide the pita into squares whose width is one centimeter each edge is longer than the length of the sausage.
- Lay mashed potatoes on each edge. Align it so that a small frame (about a centimeter) remains from the edges.
- Put a strip of cheese on the potato from one of the edges.
- Place a sausage on it.
- Now carefully roll the workpiece into a roll. Watch the contents, it should not fall out.
- Repeat these steps with the remaining ingredients, thus making additional servings.
- Lay the parchment on the baking tray. Place rolls on it. Grease each of them with vegetable oil.
- Warm the oven to 180 degrees and send the sausage in a pita with cheese and potatoes to bake. This will take about 10 minutes.
- After cooking, let the rolls cool slightly and immediately serve.