The recipe for this wonderful and original baking is recommended by experts who value food not only taste, but also the presence of traditional national color in it. Many modern housewives dream of learning how to bake shangi with cheese, potatoes, cottage cheese, meat and other fillings. What is this dish? What are the ways to cook it? How to bake the most popular of all existing options - shang with cheese? We will try to answer these questions in our article.
What is shang?
This dish is referred to by specialists as traditional Russian pastries. Some sources indicate that Tatars and Finns are ranked among their national cuisine. The product is a small open cake in the form of a cake with a wide variety of fillings, baked from rye or wheat-rye flour. The dough is usually kneaded with yeast, adding beef and mutton fat. Served with fish, soup, milk, yogurt or tea.
How is the shanga different from the cheesecake?
The shanga (or shanezhka) is very similar to the cheesecake, many people consider the names of these dishes synonymous. But this is not so. The main difference between chanegs and cheesecakes is that they are never made sweet. Even if shangs are made with cottage cheese, they don’t put sugar or any additives in them. Another important difference is that in the middle of the cakes for cheesecakes, a notch is made in which the filling is laid. The shang is simply lubricated with the filling on top, without any specially made recesses. The third difference is the contents of the cheesecake is usually located in the center. Shanga is completely lubricated to the brim.
How are shangs baked?
This old Russian dish is made from rye or wheat flour. The dough is used unfermented yeast or unleavened. Flat cakes are rolled out from it, about the thickness of a finger and the size of a saucer (in some regions, the size of chanegs reaches the size of a pan). The rolled cake is placed in a pan pre-oiled. As the filling, use cottage cheese, cabbage (stewed), meat, ham, mashed potatoes (with cracklings and fried onions), carrots or beets, etc. Shangi with cheese are very popular. The filling is evenly spread on the dough, the surface of the cake is greased with yolk. Bake a delicacy in the oven or oven. Finished products are once again lubricated with oil. The barnacles are eaten hot, with yogurt, milk, tea, as well as fish (salted) and cabbage soup.
The easiest recipe
Many housewives find this pastry so delicious that I want to do it daily. The shangs turn out really wonderful - lush, very porous and tasty. It takes about 3 hours 30 minutes to cook. You will need:
- three glasses of flour;
- two glasses of sugar;
- half a teaspoon of granulated sugar;
- half a teaspoon dry yeast;
- two tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- one glass of water;
- 70 grams of hard cheese.
Act as follows:
- Mix yeast, flour, salt and sugar in a bowl. Water is poured there and the composition is mixed. Add vegetable oil. Knead the dough. Cover the bowl with a lid and place it in a warm place to stand for one hour.
- Four buns are rolled from the finished dough.
- Each of them is flattened into a very 1 cm thick.
- Billets are laid out on a baking sheet and sprinkled with cheese (grated). Cover with a towel and spread for 40-50 minutes.
- Bake shangs until browning in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees.
Shanga with cheese: recipe with photo
The baking is especially tasty, the recipe of which involves the addition of mixed varieties of cheese - soft and hard.
A common way is to cook a shanga with cheese from yeast dough, but in the absence of time for it kneading can also be used fresh.
You will need:
- 350 grams of flour;
- 10 grams of dry yeast;
- 20 grams of sugar;
- 150 ml of milk;
- 70 gram of butter;
- 1 egg;
- 250 grams of soft cheese;
- 80 grams of hard cheese.
Act as follows:
- The hard cheese is rubbed and the soft one is kneaded. Yeast, sugar and salt are added to the flour.
- In another container, combine milk (warm), butter (melted) and an egg. All ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Next, knead the dough and leave to rise for an hour and a half.
- Form cakes from the finished dough, spread the cheese on top (first soft and hard). Before baking, the cheese blanks should stand for about 20 minutes.
- The oven is heated to 220 degrees. Bunnies are baked for 20 minutes.
Shanga with cheese and egg
To prepare the test for 10 servings of the dish you will need:
- 320 grams of flour;
- 7.5 grams of yeast (dry);
- 7.5 grams of salt; >
- 20 grams of sugar;
- 150 ml of milk;
- 70 grams of butter (cream);
- 30 ml of vegetable oil;
- 1 egg.
To create the filling you will need:
- 250 grams of cottage cheese;
- 1 egg;
- 150 grams of hard cheese;
- 50 grams of dill.
To lubricate, you need another egg. Energy and nutritional value: calorie content 100 grams of the product - 263 kcal, protein content -12 grams, fat - 15 grams, carbohydrates - 20 grams.
About the technology of creating baking
The process of cooking this recipe of shangi with cheese is 3 hours 15 minutes. It works like this:
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add yeast, sugar and salt.
- Pour milk (warmed), butter (vegetable and cream) into a separate container, break the egg and mix thoroughly. with a whisk.
- In the resulting mixture, gradually add flour and knead a tough dough. Collect the dough into a kolobok and leave to rise in a bowl, covering with a towel or a lid, for about an hour and a half.
- Then make the filling: wipe the cottage cheese through a sieve, then break the egg into the rubbed mixture. Cheese is grated (finely), washed with dill, chopped with a knife. Mix cottage cheese with dill and cheese, salt and mix.
- After an hour and a half, divide the dough into 12-15 equal parts. Each of them is rolled into a circle of small thickness, on which the finished cheese-curd filling is laid out over the entire surface.
- Then the blanks are laid out on a baking sheet pre-lined with parchment. Cover them with a clean towel and leave for twenty minutes. After the shanges rise, each of them is greased with a beaten egg.
Place the baking tray with shangs in the oven and bake for 25 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees.
Baking with cheese and chopped egg
If you really want a tasty one, and there is only ready-made dough (butter) bought in the store, and even guests unexpectedly showed up, you can try to bake shangi with cheese and egg according to the recipe presented below in the article. As the filling are used:
- boiled eggs (chopped);
- green onions (chopped);
- cheese (grated);
- for a bunch: sour cream or mayonnaise.
How to cook?
The dough is divided into pieces, rolled from them balls and spread on a baking sheet. On a standard baking sheet there are nine blanks. They spread the filling on the entire surface. Beat the eggs slightly and grease the products along with the filling spread on them. Bake at 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes. According to reviews, it turns out extremely tasty.
Shang with potatoes, onions and cheese
The cooking process lasts about 40 minutes. Use:
- frozen dough;
- 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- 1 pinch of salt;
- 4 potatoes;
- 2 onions;
- 60 grams of cheese;
- 70 grams of sour cream;
- to taste - pepper and salt.
Features of the preparation
Act as follows:
- Hard cheese is grated (coarse). Mashed potatoes are well kneaded, mixed with fried onions, sour cream, pepper and salt to taste.
- Frozen dough should first be thawed at room temperature. Divide it into 6 parts. Then it is crushed and left to stand for half an hour.
- Next, each of the pieces is rolled into small round cakes.
- The cakes are placed on a baking sheet previously lined with special baking paper.
- Then, on the surface of the cakes, spread the filling from mashed potatoes with onions. Wet the fingers with water and level the filling on the cakes, while retreating 1 cm from the edges. After that, the top of each piece is sprinkled with hard cheese (grated).
- Next, the tortillas should stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes. After this repeated proofing, the dough in the finished baking will turn out soft and airy.
- The oven is heated to 220 degrees. Bake shangs for 12-15 minutes. During this time, the dough along the edge of the tortillas is appetizingly browned, and the cheese on its surface will melt. Finished products are taken out of the oven, transferred to a dish and served hot.
Ham-filled shanjegi cheese
The shang with ham and cheese cooked according to this recipe has an unusually delicate taste and nutrition.
Energy value of 100 grams of the product: 293 kcal. Protein content - 13.85 grams, fat - 14.49 grams, carbohydrates - 25.91 grams. To make a shanga with ham and cheese use:
- 500 grams of yeast dough;
- 10 grams of ketchup;
- 300 grams of ham;
- 300 grams of hard cheese.
A cake is formed from a ball of dough. Grease it with ketchup, then sprinkle it with plenty of grated ham and cheese on top. Send the blanks to the oven for about twenty minutes. Shangi should be baked until a golden appetizing crust appears. Have a nice tea party