Naples is considered the homeland of spaghetti, where to this day this type of pasta is used in the preparation of traditional Italian dishes. And since almost all regions of Italy have access to the sea, it is not surprising that they prefer to cook pasta with seafood. We will talk about how to make one of these dishes, namely spaghetti with shrimps in a creamy sauce, in our article. We’ll choose not only the traditional cooking option, but also several others.
Spaghetti in a creamy sauce with shrimp: ingredients
Light, nutritious and even healthy dish of European cuisine has an unusually gentle taste and a pleasant creamy aroma. Despite the fact that it is often served in the best Italian restaurants, everyone can cook it, having at hand the following set of products on the list:
- spaghetti - 200 g
- king prawns - 200 g;
- cream with a fat content of 33% - 150 ml;
- butter - 25 g;
- onions - 1 pc .;
- Provencal herbs - ½ tsp;
The above ingredients are needed for a basic spaghetti recipe with shrimp and cream sauce. Replacing some products with others, you can get a completely new, but no less sophisticated taste.
How to cook spaghetti correctly
It seems that it can be easier than welding pasta. This is much easier to do than to cook any sauce, and even more so with seafood, such as shrimp. But the taste of the finished dish depends on spaghetti in many ways. If they are sticky and overcooked, then no sauce will help here.
Step by step, cook the spaghetti as follows:
- In a saucepan, preferably wide, so that the pasta “feels” like it is free, pour 2 liters of water per 200 g of dry products.
- After boiling water, add 20 g of salt to it.
- Lower 200 g of spaghetti, or rather put it in, since whether they immediately enter the whole pot. Gradually, the products will sink into the water completely.
- Cook the pasta 8-10 minutes after boiling again, periodically stirring them every 2 minutes. The exact cooking time can be found on the packaging. Ideally, pasta should be cooked to the state of al dente, that is, soft on the outside, but dense on the inside.
- Throw the prepared spaghetti into a colander, and after the water drains, transfer them to the pan to the sauce or serve in another way, according to the recipe.
Preparing the creamy sauce step by step
The spaghetti will give a gentle taste delicious creamy sauce. You need to cook it in the following sequence:
- Boiled shrimp in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. To do this, they must first be thawed by transferring to one of the shelves in the refrigerator.
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the finely chopped onion in it until soft.
- After 7 minutes, add the shrimp, pre after cleaning them from the shell.
- Immediately pour the cream into the pan. Salt, add Provence herbs.
- Stew the sauce over low heat under a lid for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the prepared spaghetti to a creamy sauce with shrimp. According to the recipe, they need to be gently mixed and warmed together for 1 minute. If desired, decorate the finished dish with thin slices of lemon and grated parmesan.
Shrimps with spaghetti in creamy garlic sauce
The aroma during the preparation of the next dish will be heard throughout the apartment. Well, the taste is tender, pleasant, creamy garlic. Spaghetti with shrimps in this sauce should be prepared in this order:
- Fresh or previously thawed shrimp (500 g), clear of shell and heads.
- Garlic cloves (3 pcs.) ) and a small onion finely chopped with a knife.
- In a frying pan with butter (1 tbsp.), fry the garlic and shrimp for 5-7 minutes, and then transfer them to a separate plate.
- In the same oil, fry the chopped onion until it becomes soft.
- Pour in dry white wine (100 ml) and let it boil for 5 minutes to evaporate the alcohol.
- Add cream (300 ml), salt, pepper, favorite spices. Continue cooking on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove the creamy sauce from the heat.
- Boil the spaghetti, put them in a colander, and then return them to the pan.
- Pour sauce on top, add parsley. Stir and serve immediately.
Pasta in creamy cheese sauce with shrimp
This spaghetti sauce can be called silk, so it turns out to be tender. The dish turns out to be delicious in a festive way and is suitable not only for a family dinner, but also for meeting guests.
First of all, you need to make a creamy cheese sauce with shrimp, and you can start cooking spaghetti when it is almost ready:
- Chop the head of garlic finely (1 pc.) .
- In a pan with a mixture of vegetable (2 tbsp.) and cream (50 g) oils, fry the garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp (200 g). Quickly fry them over high heat for 30 seconds on each side so that they do not become rubber. Put out of the pan for a while.
- Pour 150 ml of white wine into the remaining oil. Boil it until it is reduced in volume by three times.
- Pour cream (200 ml) into the sauce. Add 30 g of any grated cheese, salt, a pinch of curry, sweet paprika, black and red pepper, lemon zest. Prepare the sauce for 5-10 minutes until it becomes thick enough (depending on the fat content of the cream).
- When serving, put the spaghetti first, add a few shrimps on top and pour them with sauce. Garnish with greens of your choice.
Pasta recipe in creamy sour cream sauce
The next dish is a great way to prepare a quick dinner for the whole family. It is very simple to cook:
- Boil the shrimp (500 g), cool, peel them.
- Pour water into the pan for cooking spaghetti, wait for it to boil, put the pasta into it (500 g) and cook them until al dente.
- Pour 50 ml of cream into the pan, add 200 ml of sour cream, 1 tsp each. salt and sugar, as well as 10 ml of lemon juice. Put pre-cooked shrimp into the mixture. The sauce should completely cover them. If necessary, add a little water.
- Prepare the sauce to the desired consistency. Combine it with pasta.
- Stir in spaghetti with shrimp and creamy sour cream sauce. Serve immediately.
Pasta with salmon, shrimp and cream sauce
In this dish, all the ingredients blend perfectly. The taste is rich, refined, harmonious. Red fish and shrimp with spaghetti in a creamy sauce, the recipe for which will not cause problems, can easily be served even at the festive table.
It’s not difficult to prepare the dish:
- Cut the salmon (400 g) into cubes no larger than 1 cm.
- Flatten the garlic (3 pcs.) flat side of the knife.
- Heat olive oil (50 ml) in a pan and fry the garlic on it. After a minute, remove it from the pan and discard. It was needed only to flavor the oil.
- Put the salmon in the same frying pan. Fry the fish, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the salmon (150 g). Cook them for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add 100 ml of cream and 50 g of grated cheese. Bring the sauce to a boil and mix. After 1-2 minutes, you can remove it from the heat and serve with pasta.
Spaghetti with shrimps and mussels with sauce
For the next dish, boiled-frozen seafood is used. Before cooking, they must first be thawed, washed with sand, mussels and peeled shrimp. Only after that you can be sure that the dish will turn out very tasty. The whole cooking process consists of several stages:
- chop several parsley branches and 2 garlic cloves, and cut into 150 g leek rings.
- Prepare the meat of mussels and shrimps (each 300 g).
- Heat butter (70 g). Sauté the onion and garlic.
- Add the shrimp. Cook another 3 minutes.
- Send the mussels to the pan, and add the juice ½ lemon and zest, finely chopped parsley and 30 ml of cream of fat. Salt, pepper, cook another 4 minutes.
- Cook the pasta and combine them with the finished sauce. Serve the dish only when hot.
Spaghetti with shrimp and spinach
It is proposed to cook a healthy and tasty dish for every day according to the following recipe. Its peculiarity is that here both spaghetti, shrimp, and cream sauce are cooked at the same time, which means that the dish gets a richer taste.
The step-by-step instructions are as follows:
- Pour frozen shrimp (200 g) with boiling water for 3-4 minutes, then peel and throw it into a colander installed in the sink to make the glass water.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp. l sunflower oil and fry on it randomly chopped garlic (2 pcs.). After a minute, you can throw it away.
- Pour the shrimp into the hot oil for exactly 2 minutes. Remove them from the pan for a while.
- Pour 200 ml of chicken stock and the same amount of cream into the remaining oil. Add a little salt, a pinch of pepper, a pinch of oregano. Bring to a boil.
- Dip the spaghetti (200 g) into the boiling creamy broth and cook until half cooked.
- Add 50 g of spinach and a little grated parmesan to the pasta with sauce. Shrimp here too. Cook another 1 minute, after which the dish can be laid out on plates.
Recipe for spaghetti with cherry tomatoes and shrimp
This paste is obtained not only tasty, but also very bright. Well, everyone can cook this dish:
- Cherry (200 g) wash and cut into two halves. You can take ordinary tomatoes, but they will have to be cut into six or eight parts.
- In boiling water with the addition of a pinch of salt, boil 350 g of shrimp. They must be fresh or previously thawed. Cook for three minutes. Optionally, you can put a bunch of dill in the water. Then the shrimp will turn out more fragrant.
- In olive oil, fry the cherry tomatoes with shrimp until the latter is browned. Add salt and pepper, squeeze 3 cloves of garlic through a press.
- After another 2 minutes add 200 greasy cream. Bring them to a light boil, add basil leaves. Cook together for 3 minutes, remove from heat and cover with a lid.
- While preparing the sauce, cook the spaghetti as described on the package.
- To serve, put the pasta on a flat plate and pour the sauce, cream with shrimps. Serve hot spaghetti.
Pasta with shrimp, mushrooms and creamy sauce
Another interesting dish of pasta, mushrooms and seafood can be prepared according to the recipe below. Creamy shrimp spaghetti - that's what you can call it, because it turns out to be very juicy and rich. The cooking process takes a minimum of time, if you follow the following instructions:
- Spaghetti (400 g) boil in 4 l of salted water until al dente.
- Cut the champignons (100 g) plates and put them in preheated butter (40 g) for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the cream with mushrooms (250 ml), add 40 g of flour.
- Cook the sauce until thickened.
- Separately, boil 300 g of shrimp and add them to the mushrooms. To this also add a chopped celery stalk. Stir.
- Distribute spaghetti portionwise (4 pcs.). Pour over the shrimp and mushroom sauce. Sprinkle parmesan on top.