Oysters are not an ordinary or everyday dish. By themselves, they are not too tasty, but this is not considered an excuse to exclude them from the delicacies. The main thing is to season oysters with sauce, the right sauce. A lot of oyster sauces.
It will be difficult to count them, and to write down all the recipes, you will have to comb through the Internet well. Before you start opening the oysters and eating them again, you should take care of making the sauces.
Top 3 popular oyster sauces
Oysters are extremely nutritious. Their meat contains vitamin C and B vitamins.
In the United States, Japan and some European countries, this product is grown artificially. The French produce more than 1 billion oysters annually, and in the waters of the Black and Japanese Seas, Russia has considerable reserves of mollusks.
The following are the most popular sauces for oysters:
- Based on soy sauce.
Ingredients: soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice.
Proportion: 1: 1: 1.
- Based on white wine vinegar.
Ingredients: wine vinegar, olive oil, red onion, salt .
Prop ounce: 1: 1: 1, salt to taste.
- Based on lemon juice.
Ingredients: olive oil, lemon juice, chopped ginger root, chopped red pepper, salt.
Proportions: 1: 1 - olive oil and lemon juice, 0.5: 0.5 - ginger and pepper, salt to taste.
Take a look at some recipes for sauces that are better others are combined with oysters, giving them a special flavor in more detail. This information will help you make oyster sauce at home without much worrying about it. After all, everything is much simpler than it might seem.
The recipe for a classic sauce
This is one of the most common sauce options. To prepare it yourself, you will need such a set of products:
- wine - 50 ml;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- onions - 1 pc.;
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- butter - 10 g;
- salt - to taste;
- ground black pepper - to taste;
- thyme - to taste;
- garlic - 2 cloves.
The prepared amount of sauce will be enough for four servings of oysters.
Features of the preparation of classic sauce
To prepare a classic oyster sauce, follow the instructions below.
- Rinse the garlic and onions, remove the husks, chop.
- Thyme wash and shake, chop, but not too finely.
- Rinse the lemon under water, cut In half and remove one part. Half of the lemon will be enough. Squeeze out the juice, and three peel on a grater.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a saucepan. Turn on the stove and heat the dish.
- Melt the butter, add the onions and garlic.
- Add the thyme and 1 teaspoon of chopped lemon peel.
- Fry everything until it’s purchased golden onion (about 5 minutes).
- Pour juice and wine into the container, add sugar. Cook the sauce. This will take about 30 minutes. In this case, do not cover the pan, let it be well-grated.
- Constantly stir the sauce.
- Filter the wine through a sieve so that only the sauce remains. Discard the remaining garlic, onions and herbs.
- Cook the strained sauce further by sending it back to the stove. Add salt and pepper, reduce heat to a minimum.
Ready oyster sauce with onions is served to oysters in a special bowl in warm or cold form, depending on the person’s preference.
Recipe for wine sauce
To prepare the wine sauce you will need:
- 4 oysters;
- 80 ml of semisweet wine;
- 10 grams of butter;
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil;
- 6 grams lemon or lime;
- 8 gr amm onions;
- 3 grams of dried celery root;
- 3 grams of garlic;
- 0.5 grams of paprika;
- 0.5 grams of sea salt;
- 1 gram of parsley;
- 0.5 grams of black pepper.
How to make step by step wine sauce for oysters
To prepare as seasoning sauce prepare the ingredients listed above. In this case, in addition to them, we will also need liquid, which, in addition to meat, is contained inside shells with clams. Therefore, the process of making wine sauce for oysters begins with opening the turtles.
So, first of all, open the oysters, remove the meat, and rinse the shells under running water, after cleaning.
Drain the oysters in a stewpan, add oil, wine, crushed onions, dried celery root. Put on the stove, add a little water and evaporate until the volume of sauce is reduced by a factor of three.
It's time to remove the sauce from the stove and add salt, stirring occasionally. After that, rub the garlic, paprika and olive oil in a small cup. Add all this to the sauce and mix.
Then the turn goes to the oysters themselves. Put the meat in each of the washed, clean turtles. Pour it on top with wine sauce, cover with the other half of the shell and put it on a baking sheet or in a glass dish and place in the preheated oven for 190 minutes o with the oven for 10 minutes.
Serve a table with or without oyster sauce. You can decorate a plate with oysters with slices of lime or lemon, sprigs of parsley, rosemary or other herbs, garlic sauce.
You can use these sauce options to give oysters a new, interesting taste.