This treat is considered almost the most popular among a huge variety of Central Asian dishes. Uzbek pilaf with lamb (a recipe to your liking can be borrowed in the article) is a delicacy that conquered the whole world due to its delicate taste, mouth-watering aroma and ease of preparation. There are a great many options for creating this dish. In his recipe, chicken, beef, lamb and even pork are used as the basis, berries and fruits are added to the composition - both fresh and dry. But still the main ingredient of the classic pilaf is lamb. In our article, you will learn how to cook a real Uzbek pilaf with lamb.
Recipe: a description of the ingredients and technology features
The classic recipe provides the use of lamb, rice (selective), carrots and onions in combination with a set of spices that give the dish an unusual aroma and characteristic taste. In accordance with the correct recipe for Uzbek pilaf from mutton, all ingredients should be chopped coarsely. The taste of each of them should be felt separately. Another and, perhaps, the most important nuance in cooking according to the traditional classic recipe for Uzbek pilaf with lamb is that the dish should be cooked in a cauldron (on the stove in the conditions of home cooking) or in a large roomy cauldron (on a fire in the country). In the absence of a cauldron, pilaf is cooked in a pan (thick-walled), which keeps the temperature well.
A classic recipe for Uzbek pilaf with lamb in a cauldron
We prepare the ingredients. To prepare 10 servings you will need:
- 250 grams of onions.
- 1 kilogram of carrots.
- 900 grams of rice.
- 1 kilogram of lamb.
- 300 grams of flaxseed oil.
- 300 grams of turkey fat.
- 300 grams of dried spices.
- To taste - salt .
Energy and nutritional value
Please note. 100 grams of the product contain:
- 280 kcal.
- Protein - 7 grams.
- Fat - 18 grams.
- Carbohydrates -21 grams.
Cooking (step by step)
We proceed to cooking. In accordance with a step-by-step recipe for making Uzbek pilaf from mutton in the process of creating a dish (takes about two and a half hours), they act like this:
- Brown rice is sorted, washed, filled with water (salted) and put in side.
- The meat is cut into large pieces along with the bones.
- The onions are chopped in half rings, carrots in the form of long thin bars, the chicken is cut in small pieces.
- Poured into cauldron a little linseed oil.
- Turn on the gas at full capacity. After the oil is warmed up, spread the fat tail fat and melt the lard. They take out the greaves.
- Then they very carefully (along the wall of the cauldron) lay the meat. As soon as it is fried, and the water evaporates, put onions in a cauldron. Everyone mixes so that the onion is at the bottom, and the meat is on top. Salt the dish, lightly pepper, add seasonings.
- After seven to eight minutes, as soon as the onion is browned, everyone will be filled with water (hot) so that it covers all the meat. After it boils, the fire is reduced and the meat is left to stew for 30-40 minutes. Then the meat is mixed again with onions and spread the carrots. Add fire and bring the broth to a boil.
- After the brew in the cauldron boils, the fire is reduced and the carrots are left to simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes. After adding carrots, the contents of the cauldron are not recommended to be mixed.
- After 20 minutes, add rice (it should be distributed over the entire surface of the dish), salt, evenly sprinkle with special seasoning for pilaf, pour boiling water. Water should rise above the surface of the rice. After the water boils, the fire is reduced to a minimum.
- After all the water has boiled, the pilaf is carefully pierced with a wooden spoon handle and control the level of remaining water. When its volume becomes insignificant, 2-3 heads of garlic (washed) are instilled into the rice. After this, the cauldron is tightly covered with a lid, which is wrapped in three or four layers with a towel or gauze. This is necessary to eliminate the effect of condensation, under which ordinary porridge with meat can be cooked instead of pilaf.
Cooking with this recipe Uzbek pilaf with lamb will be finished after half an hour. The treat is spread on a wide dish. The meat (boneless) is placed on top of the rice.
The article below presents a method of preparing a juicy, aromatic, very tasty treat, which differs somewhat in its technology from the previous version. Energy and nutritional value of 100 grams cooked according to this recipe from a photo of Uzbek pilaf with lamb: 1159 kcal, protein content - 29 grams, fat - 55 grams, carbohydrates - 131 grams. The process will take about an hour and a half.
Ingredients for 6 servings
What do you need? Use:
- 900 grams of rice (special for pilaf).
- 600 grams of lamb.
- 4 carrots.
- 230 milliliters of refined vegetable oil.
- 4 onions.
- 2 heads of garlic.
- 7 grams of zira.
- 3 teaspoons of salt.
Description of the preparation
Let's start cooking. Cooking in accordance with a step-by-step recipe for Uzbek pilaf from mutton is as follows:
- Cut the mutton into pieces (large), clean the vegetables.
- Pour oil into a cauldron and heat it well. This is necessary in order to prevent the flow of juice from the meat. The meat is sealed, a kind of crust is formed, due to which the juice in the meat is completely preserved. After the oil is heated, put the meat in it. Fry over high heat until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cut the onions (not necessarily finely, since after the vegetable is cooked, it will not be noticeable in the finished dish). As soon as the meat is fried, lay the onion, fry it over high heat.
- Carrots are chopped into strips and added to meat and onions. Then they wash the rice.
- Zira is slightly kneaded in a mortar (its flavor should open). Add a little boiling water to the dish and prepare the basis for pilaf - zirvak. Salt, add the heads of garlic and zira (half of all available). Cook carrots (it should become semi-soft).
- From the finished zirvak take out the garlic (later it will be added to the rice).
- Put rice on the meat, pour water on it (hot), which should cover rice about one and a half to two centimeters. Slightly reduce the heat and cook rice under the open lid. Water from it should boil completely. Rice grains should remain with a hard core in the middle, and become soft on the outside.
- Collect the rice with a slide, pour the remaining cumin and put the garlic. Make a deepening in the middle of the rice to the very bottom for steam to escape, reduce the heat and close the lid. Cook for about forty minutes.
- Then they try the rice on readiness and turn off the fire. After this, pilaf should be infused for about 10 minutes.
The finished dish is mixed. Spread on a plate, put meat on top.
Uzbek pilaf with chili
This recipe for making Uzbek pilaf lamb is designed for a cauldron volume of 3 liters. You will need:
- lamb - 0.7 kg;
- rice (long-grain, steamed) - 300 g;
- 1 onion (large);
- 2 carrots (large);
- 1 hot pepper (chili);
- to taste - salt;
- spices for pilaf (barberry , turmeric, zira, paprika).
About the method of preparation
We begin cooking. In accordance with this recipe for Uzbek pilaf with lamb, they act like this:
- Lamb is cut into large cubes 5 x 5 cm in size.
- Heat the cauldron and pour oil (half a glass) . The classic version involves the addition of fat tail and lamb bones to enhance aroma and increase fat content. But in their absence, you should not be upset, pilaf should still turn out delicious. When using fat tail fat, less oil is consumed.
- The fried fat is removed. Lamb is laid out after oil boiling begins. The composition is periodically mixed so that the pieces of meat are well fried from all sides, but it is necessary not to dry them and avoid burning. Lamb is fried over high heat for three minutes. Juice should be sealed in the middle of pieces of meat, which will become especially tender as a result of long stewing.
- Cut carrots into strips (large), which together with turmeric will give the dish an appetizing aroma and a beautiful golden hue.
- Onions are peeled and also chopped (large).
- Spread vegetables and spices in a bowl. Tomato, cumin, coriander are also put in pilaf. But the main spices that give the dish a specific spicy aroma are barberry, zira and turmeric. All mix well.
- Peel the head of garlic from the top layer. In this case, the integrity of the shape of the garlic head and cloves should be maintained. Spread it in the center of the cauldron. Chili peppers are laid nearby. The combination of garlic and chili gives the dish a truly magical flavor. At this stage, treat the salt.
- Add boiled water (1 cup) to the cauldron. Cover and leave over high heat for another 5 minutes. Then the garlic and chili peppers are removed.
- The rice is washed several times (the water should be absolutely clear). Pour rice (washed) in a bowl and gently level its surface. Stirring rice with vegetables and meat is not recommended, stewing all the ingredients should take place in layers.
- In the center of the pilaf make a recess in which chili pepper and a head of garlic are again placed. Add more spices, pour water (hot) into the bowl, which should cover the rice one centimeter.
- Continue to cook over high heat under the lid (the rice should absorb a significant portion of the liquid) for about 10 minutes. Then the fire is reduced to a minimum, cover the cauldron with a lid and leave the pilaf to boil for another 20 minutes.
After this, the pilaf is removed and mixed. Insist under the lid for about 15 minutes.