Electric underfloor heating is a room heating system that is used as an additional or main source of heating. The heating elements of this floor are cables (in resistive floors) or special components (in infrared floors). The cable version works well on floors of any kind and is easily arranged in houses of any material.
Types of cable electric floor
In the cable version of a warm floor, cables are used as a heating element, which are heated by electrical connections and, as a result, heat the surface of the floor. By the type of cable used, such floors are:
- Single-core. A cable with one core is both a heat conductor and a heating element.
- Two-core. Such a system is much more convenient to operate. One core of the cable is used for heating, the other closes the circuit.
- Heating mat. It consists of a net and cables laid in this net. The heating element here is a two-wire wire, laid in a certain way in a grid.
The advantage of mats is that there is no need to independently calculate the required power, which the manufacturer has already calculated. Mats are bought by the number of square meters on which to install the heating element.
Domestic underfloor heating
The most diverse proposals for electric underfloor heating are presented on the modern market. The high efficiency of this type of heating has led to high popularity and increased demand for these products. Therefore, at present, underfloor heating is represented by various types and brands that are offered by both foreign and domestic manufacturers.
One of the best offers in this segment for the combination of "price-quality" is a warm floor "National Comfort" , produced by the Russian company "Special Systems and Technologies" for about seventeen years. This brand is one of the three leaders in terms of popularity among domestic consumers. This is due to the fact that National Comfort confidently competes with leading European brands not only due to its affordable price, but also in terms of reliability and ease of use.
The expanded model range allows you to correctly choose a warm floor for a house or other object, taking into account the characteristics of the room, its area, and also depending on the thickness of the screed, type of flooring and other factors.
The underfloor heating "National Comfort" meets all European safety requirements and sanitary standards. Providing additional warmth in the room, it eliminates excessive humidity, creates an ideal microclimate and, as a result, a feeling of complete comfort.
How to choose the warm floor
Before buying a warm floor “National Comfort »You must first determine for what purpose it will be used - as an additional source of heating or as the only type of heating in the room. The choice of a warm floor model will depend on this, especially since the manufacturer offers a wide range of products for both the first and second options.
In addition, the thickness of the screed affects the choice of the type of warm floor. If you plan to install a heating system under the tile, glue is used for this. It is possible to install a warm floor directly under the flooring.
Types of heating systems
Heat-insulated floors “National Comfort” are represented by the following types of heating systems:
- Cable floor . Its basis is a heating section with a heating cable of a certain length. The cable is connected to the electric network through two wires in case the section is single-core or through one wire in case of using a two-wire cable. Twin sections are much easier to mount, since power is supplied from one end. To lay the cable floor requires a layer of screed not less than thirty millimeters. And if this type of heating will be used as the main one, the thickness of the screed should be increased to at least five centimeters. In this case, the screed acts as a heat accumulator, therefore, the thicker it is, the more efficient the system is.
- Heating mats. These are sectional constructions with a cable pre-laid in them. They are laid on top of the already screed and are most often used under the tiles in the bathroom. They are distinguished by a small thickness, therefore they are considered an ideal solution for deficit of height in the room. This type of underfloor heating can be laid in a room of non-standard shape and size. It is easy to cut without damaging the cable. It is produced in the form of single-core and two-core sections and is used as an additional source of heating.
- Film underfloor heating. This is the thinnest type of coating, which is produced on the basis of carbon materials and works like an infrared emitter. It is used for installation under the floor covering - parquet, board or laminate.
Includes underfloor heating “ National comfort "devices are necessarily used to regulate and control their work.
Underfloor heating control
The temperature sensors and thermostats that are installed during installation are used as control systems for the operation of the warm floor. Thermostats are used to maintain a comfortable temperature indoors and are:
- Standard, with external temperature sensors.
- With the ability to program the system.
- Dual-zone devices to service the work of floors in two rooms.
The insulation and sheath of the heating cables are made of non-combustible materials, and the shielding braid provides mechanical and electrical safety.
Numerous reviews of the sexes "National comfort" confirm, along with certificates of their high reliability and safety. Consumers highly appreciate the parallel way of connecting infrared emitters in film floors, which allows continued heating if one section is damaged.
The “National Comfort” temperature regulators were also praised, reviews of which speak of their simplicity, convenience and reliability.
In general, the brand’s products are in high demand and deservedly popular among consumers.