Cabbage - a storehouse of vitamins that are needed for the full development of our body. It is very difficult for digestion, especially if the gastrointestinal tract is disturbed. Many are advised to use it in a stew. Milk helps to soften its gas-forming properties.
Braised cabbage in milk: a classic recipe
Classic braised cabbage with milk is prepared from the following ingredients:
- 300 g cabbage;
- 170 ml of milk;
- garlic (no more than 2 cloves);
- 1 tbsp. l butter (it will be tastier with cream);
- spices to taste (nutmeg is especially appropriate here).
Cooking should be carried out in the following order:
- Finely chop the cabbage, for which you can use a special machine.
- Chop the garlic, then add it to the cabbage.
- Put the chopped vegetable in a heat-resistant container and pour milk. Put the roasting pan on a small fire.
- After 10 minutes, add softened butter and spices to the pan. Then simmer the cabbage until the liquid has completely evaporated.
This dish goes well with various side dishes, such as potatoes.
Cabbage with milk and cheese
The classic recipe, if desired, can always be independently modified. For example, stewed cabbage in milk goes well with cheese. At the same time, it becomes very tender, with a sweet taste. For such a variation of the dish you will need:
- 2 tbsp. l butter (any, but better creamy);
- 150 ml of milk;
- 200 grams of hard cheese;
- 800 grams of cabbage (not only white, but and color).
The whole process of making stewed cabbage in milk will take about 40 minutes. You need to prepare the dish as follows:
- White cabbage must be cut into large pieces, and the same color sorted into inflorescences. Sprinkle with salt and then put in a deep frying pan.
- Pour the cabbage with boiling water so that it slightly covers the vegetable.
- Put the pan on a slow fire and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Now you need to drain all the water, add milk to the dish and fill it with grated cheese. Put pieces of butter on top.
- Place the container on a small fire for another 15 minutes.
If you wish, you can pour the dish not with pure milk, but in combination with beaten eggs.
Cauliflower stewed in milk
This method of preparation will make the vegetable more tender, soft and aromatic. For this dish you will need:
- 400 g of cauliflower;
- 100 g of cheese (you can not add it);
- 1 medium carrot;
- 100 ml of milk;
- salt, pepper, sunflower oil to taste.
To prepare such stewed cabbage in milk, you need to do this:
- The head needs to be disassembled into inflorescences, and the larger ones need to be cut into small parts.
- Peel the carrots and cut into strips.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan, after Why put cabbage and carrots in it. Fry the mixture for several minutes.
- Next, pour milk into the container, add spices and cover. Simmer until cooked for about 7 minutes.
- After the milk has completely evaporated, sprinkle the dish with cheese, and then cook for about 5 minutes under the lid.
It can be used as a solo dish, or as a side dish for any meat or fish.
Braised cabbage in milk is a dish rich in vitamins and without the ability to increase gas formation in the intestines. A game with spices will allow you to prepare a new option each time.