Sooner or later, everyone faces the need for repairs in their home. There can be many reasons for this. Some want to make the house more cozy and comfortable for living, while others have purchased an apartment without decoration. And here a very important question arises: what first - to glue the wallpaper or put the door? If you do not follow the correct sequence of work, then the final result may be sad. Therefore, let's look into this in more detail and find out what professionals think about this.
So what first: doors or wallpapers? The answer to this question in detail will be disclosed below. For now, let's talk about why we need to start the repair. First of all, you should draw up a detailed project that will allow you to determine the amount of work, as well as calculate the required amount of materials and tools. Once the detailed drawing with the layout of the rooms and the future location of the furniture is ready, you can proceed directly to the implementation of the main work. Remove old coatings from the walls and remove any objects that may interfere with you. If this is not possible, then you should put them in the center of the room and cover with plastic wrap.
Many people are interested in the question of what they do first - doors or wallpapers, with cosmetic repairs. It all depends on what exactly you want. But first of all, you need to worry about the safety of old materials. The floor needs to be covered with newspapers, and on top an additional film that is fixed with adhesive tape. It is also necessary to dismantle all switches and sockets.
If a thorough repair is planned, then the old coatings are completely removed, and the working surfaces are cleaned, leveled and primed. If there are large cracks on the walls, they should be repaired in several layers. If there are large defects for plastering, it is better to use building mixtures made on the basis of sand and cement.
General information on repairs
What comes first - doors or wallpapers? It is very difficult to unequivocally answer this question, since everything here depends on several nuances. To do everything efficiently, you must adhere to the following rules:
- Wall repair. Before decal of the wallpaper, the work surface must be plastered. These works should be begun before installation of a floor covering and installation of eaves.
- Installation of doors. Everything is ambiguous here. Installation can be done both before and after the completion of wall decoration. But how right? Professionals recommend: first wallpaper, then doors. This will minimize the likelihood of damage, as well as hide some visual defects and irregularities.
- Wiring. Recently, more and more often the cable is laid in a hidden way, which involves shtroblenie walls. Therefore, these works should be done at the very beginning of the repair.
- Ceiling decoration. It is best to perform it immediately after laying the electrical wiring. If you first paste the wallpaper, then you can damage them later, as a result of which everything will have to be redone.
So that there is no question that the first is interior doors or wallpaper, just follow the instructions in the repair process above recommendations. Thanks to them, no problems should arise.
Installation of doors
They are one of the main decorative elements of any living room, regardless of its destination. That is why the question of what is first installed is the door or wallpaper glued. As noted above, installation can be done at any time, but it is best to follow the following sequence:
- Ceiling decoration.
- Wallpaper sticker.
- Laying flooring.
- Installation of interior doors.
This algorithm of actions is good for its simplicity and speed of work. However, you must be extremely careful, because as a result of negligence or an absurd accident, you can damage the floor covering. When installing door structures before laying the laminate, you need to very accurately calculate the margin of space for the threshold. Without special skills, this will be quite difficult, so it’s better to stick to the scheme described above.
So, you already know that first: doors or wallpapers. After you finish with the ceiling and lay the flooring, you can begin to deal with the walls. This should be approached very seriously, because comfort and cosiness in a room depends on them in many respects. It is the walls that are responsible for the preservation of heat, as well as sound insulation. Today, there are the following finishes:
- ordinary paper wallpaper;
- photo wallpaper;
- fabric coatings;
- metallized wallpaper;
- cork wallpaper;
Which option to choose, it's up to you. Each of them has certain advantages and disadvantages, as well as a different cost. You should be guided by your own goals and financial capabilities.
You are already familiar with that that first - doors or wallpapers. But this knowledge is not enough to complete the repair efficiently. You will also need to select materials. As for the ceiling, suspended structures are most popular. Among their main advantages are:
- light weight;
- ease of installation;
- long life;
- environmental friendliness;
- ease of maintenance.
But the main advantage is the speed of installation. The main rule when working with such ceilings is fixing after wallpaper sticker.
No matter which coating you use, it is important that the work surface is perfectly flat. Therefore, the first thing you need to fill in the screed. To prevent the material from deforming during the rest of the work, first fix the ceiling, and only then proceed with laying the laminate. In this case, you should not immediately take up several rooms. Finish one first, and then proceed to the next. Otherwise, the picture may not coincide, which will negatively affect the appearance of the premises.
Installation of utilities - this is perhaps one of the most important stages of the repair. But, as practice shows, not many people pay due attention to it. For a comfortable stay, the cooking zone and the bathroom must be equipped with a ventilation system and air duct, and the main room with air conditioning. It is recommended that installation work be carried out in the following sequence:
- The layout of the apartment is determined.
- Openings are made in the interior partitions.
- Installation of the outdoor and outdoor air conditioning units is carried out.
- The ventilation is laid.
- Electrical wiring is connected to the devices.
Once you are done with this, you can begin to design the interior of the premises.
Many people are interested in what professionals think about which is better first wallpapering or install the door. Qualified builders on this issue give the following recommendations:
- You can install door structures at any stage of repair. In order for everything to work out as it should, you need to plan the whole process well.
- If you bought an apartment in a new building without finishing, then you should not buy expensive materials. Over time, the building will shrink, so the repair will have to be redone.
- When calculating, be guided not by the dimensions indicated in the technical passport for housing, but personally taken from each room.
- Follow the correct order performance of work. This will allow not only to do everything more qualitatively, but also to save on the purchase of materials.
These tips will help you in such a difficult matter as repair. But if you come across it for the first time and do not even know how to hold tools in your hands, then it is better to hire professionals. Undoubtedly, you will have to spend money on paying for their services, but the work will be done more efficiently, and you will not have to think about repairs for many years.