When carrying out repairs at home, people often face the need to install doors. Some do not think about this issue and immediately turn to professionals for help. Others try to cope with the task on their own. They are often interested in when to install interior doors during repairs. To answer the question posed, it should be understood what stages of repair work exist. It is important to know the order of priority for them to start installing doors in a timely manner. All the nuances are described later in our article.
Why is it important to install doors in a timely and correct manner?
Many people do not know at what stage of repair the interior doors are installed. They do not understand the importance of this issue and violate the procedure for repair work. By such actions, people complicate their lives and increase the time it takes to complete repairs, since you have to redo the walls and remove the gaps between the door and the floor.
The way the doors in the apartment are installed in a high-quality and timely manner determines the general appearance of the house and the privacy of the residents' conversations.
Which stages of repair work are distinguished?
The following stages of repair are distinguished:
- Repair always starts with the process of laying tiles. This stage of work is considered the most “dirty”, therefore it is done first of all. If you first install the door, then it will be very difficult to install the tiles. And the door frame will undergo various damage.
- The next step is the laying of the floor. People pre-select flooring. When the floors are ready, it is easy for a person to remove construction debris and accumulated dust.
- The third stage is the ceiling work. It is important to have time to complete the decoration of the ceiling before the moment the painting of the walls begins. If you disrupt the order of work, you can easily spoil the paint or wallpaper on the walls.
- The last stage of repair work is the decoration of the walls.
After all types of finishing work is over, the time comes installation of interior doors during repair. But first you need to do the preparation.
What kind of preparatory work is being done?
When people hire specialists to decorate an apartment or a house, they wonder at what time the interior doors are being installed. Professional installers say a series of preparatory work needs to be done first. They are as follows:
- It is necessary to plaster the walls, after which they should be puttied, if time and money permit.
- It is necessary to put a rough floor. This is done on time.
- So that the doors are not damaged by moisture, it is necessary to finish all work related to moisture in advance. Otherwise, the panels may swell with dampness.
- To optimize the cost of the door, it is necessary to carry out the measurements correctly. If you make mistakes in this process, then the person will spend more money and time on the operation.
- For the doors to be accurately installed, you must first vertically align the opening. If the doors are not installed according to the instructions, then they may not fit into the interior of the housing.
- The preparatory phase can be carried out in the winter as well as in the summer. The apartment should be warm. The house should not have high humidity.
Does the time of door installation depend on the installation of flooring?
When people are interested at what stage of repair the interior doors are installed, they often forget about the installation of flooring. Canvas can only be set when the floors are completely ready. If you do not follow this rule, you will have to adjust the floor to the gap under the door. This work is quite complicated and not everyone will be able to cope with it.
Is it possible to glue the wallpaper?
When interior doors are installed during repairs, it is not always possible to follow the procedure for the work. Some mount the canvas before the wallpaper is pasted. After that, people complain about all sorts of difficulties that inevitably arise when fitting wallpaper to the door frame. Before starting work, study the advice of professionals and observe the order of work. Repairing an apartment and installing interior doors is a laborious process. It requires special attention to such nuances as the observance of the finishing stages.
What are the stages of the installation of interior doors?
It is important for the owner of an apartment not only to know when to install interior doors during repair , but also what distinguish the stages of door leaf installation. This work takes place according to a certain scheme. The following stages are distinguished:
- The choice of interior doors and the necessary tools. If a person hires specialists for installation, then they bring everything they need to install doors with them. The customer only needs to remove the remaining garbage. There are people who are trying to install doors on their own. In this case, you should prepare a hammer, drill, goniometer, level and other tools.
- The next step in the work will be to determine the fastener diagram of the box in the doorway. The scheme most often does not go beyond the standard framework. The design is fastened with screws. If the fasteners are properly tightened, the door frame will stand idle for decades. Experienced specialists assemble the box on the floor, and then transfer it to the doorway. nges are often included, they are installed first.
- The installation of the box in the opening is distinguished in a separate stage of work. It is important to properly assemble the box, then it is quickly installed in place. It is easy to level. The box is hung on a loop. After that, it remains to fix it with self-tapping screws. After completing this stage of work, it is necessary to check with a level whether the box is level.
- The joints are filled with foam. This process is carried out only after the door has been put in place.
- The final step in the installation is to finish the openings.
Nuances when choosing interior doors
You need to choose high-quality paintings, and only then ask when to install the interior doors during repair.
This issue should be treated with great responsibility. There are a number of nuances that you should pay attention to when choosing:
- Buying should be done only in trusted stores where products from reputable manufacturers are exhibited.
- It must be remembered that high-quality doors sold complete with box. Platbands come with them.
- Firms that have long been known in the market supply doors along with fasteners. A person separately acquires only hinges for doors, locks, as well as handles.
It should be noted that in winter heating is always on. As the room temperature rises, the gap between the canvas and the box parts increases.
You should take a fresh look at the opening and order doors of a suitable size . In this case, you do not have to hollow the walls to put the canvas. It will not be necessary to saw off a piece of the door in order to put it in place.
Why do some craftsmen install the doors before finishing work, and others - after?
When asked when to install the interior doors during repair, each master answers in his own way:
- Some are engaged in the installation of paintings to the finish of the walls and ceiling. At the same time, the masters at this stage do not put platbands.
- Others take up the installation of doors only after finishing work. They believe that door cladding can be broken during cladding.
Some people compromise. They carry out the installation of the box before the start of repair work. Its surface is glued with door tape. It protects the box during the finishing work. When this type of work ends, you can install the canvas, as well as platbands. The doors are put last in the toilet and in the bathroom.
Each installation option has its own characteristics. If the door was installed before the walls were finished, then the dust will not fall on the wall covering. It is recommended to carry out the installation before the start of repair work only if it is necessary to increase the doorway or reduce it.
Minus This method consists in the fact that a person spends a lot of time cutting wallpaper and sets platbands for a long time. It can erroneously cut the wallpaper and spoil the general appearance of the room, and it will be impossible to close the “gaps” with platbands.
So, we examined when to install interior doors during repairs. As you can see, it is possible to use one of several options given here. Before choosing the best one, you need to weigh all the pros and cons of each method.