At the present stage, you can safely purchase a fitness bracelet. And this gadget is able to show how long it takes a deep sleep. In most cases, it is not enough. There are even situations when it was not observed at all. How to increase deep sleep? First you need to figure out what it is and why it is needed.
When we sleep, the body goes through several important phases - fast and slow. The first vase involves maintaining high brain activity. The brain continues to function in the same mode as during the wakeful period.
Under slow sleep refers to a period when the body is completely relaxed. And if a person sleeps for 9 hours, but does not feel sleepy, it means that this phase is the problem.
Slow sleep can be divided into naps, light sleep, moderate sleep, and deep sleep. Of great importance is precisely the last stage. The body completely relaxes, blood pressure decreases, the brain practically stops responding to events around it, to noise and other irritants.
What is the importance of deep sleep
- The energy reserves spent during wakefulness are restored.
- Cells begin to recover .
- Muscle fibers are more efficiently restored. This happens due to an increase in blood flow to the muscles.
- Deep sleep has a beneficial effect on the growth of tissues and bones.
- Immunity improves.
- Glucose metabolism is activated. This increases the ability to learn.
- There is a regeneration of brain tissue.
How long should it last
This question cannot be answered unequivocally. Each person needs a certain amount of sleep. For example, Napoleon felt great after 4 hours spent on a night's rest. And Henry Ford had to sleep for 8 hours. On average, each person needs to sleep for 7-8 hours.
About 15-20% of all rest should go to a fast sleep. The remaining time is a slow phase. And to increase its duration, reducing the time of REM sleep, you need to follow simple recommendations.
How to increase deep sleep
- You must follow the regime. Lie down and get up at the same time. Due to this simple action, it will be possible to normalize the duration of rest.
- You can’t eat, smoke or drink energy, caffeinated and alcoholic drinks before bedtime. If you really want a snack, it is recommended to limit yourself to an apple or kefir 2 hours before bedtime.
- It is advisable to arrange a workout 4 hours before bedtime. Moderate physical activity will increase the phase of slow sleep.
- You can turn on light music. It has been proven that cricket singing and the sound of rain have a beneficial effect on the duration of deep sleep. But it is very important to correctly approach the selection of compositions. The music should be calm and relaxing. You can turn on the sounds of nature.
- How to increase deep sleep? It is necessary to ventilate the room as often as possible.
- It is necessary to eliminate all sources of noise. If neighbors are often noisy at night, or the windows overlook the freeway, it is recommended that you buy earplugs.
- You need to sleep in complete darkness. Even a small light source can pull out of deep sleep. It is recommended that you purchase a special mask.
- You can drink a soothing drink 2 hours before bedtime. For example, tea with chamomile and lavender.
- How to increase deep sleep time? It is necessary to periodically change bedding. Every 2 years it is necessary to renew the pillows. This is due to the fact that in the process of their use the filler gets off. Because of this, the pillow ceases to support the head in the correct position. Accordingly, the quality of sleep suffers.
- It is advisable to purchase an orthopedic mattress. A huge number of people spend a lot of time at computers. Therefore, it is important to remove the burden from the back.
- It is worth refusing to read the news and scroll through the feed on social networks. Negative information negatively affects your vacation.
- Before going to bed, you can meditate to calm down and throw garbage out of your head.
The quality of sleep plays a huge role in the life of every person. Therefore, you must responsibly approach a night's rest. Everything possible must be done so that sleep helps to recover, and does not interfere with this.
The above recommendations will help increase your deep sleep time and positively affect your performance.