Our body is a complex and well-thought-out system, full control over which is beyond our control. But we can always help him cope with his tasks with the help of proper nutrition, physical activity, lack of stress. It is necessary to wash out any microelement from the body - and the whole system will be shaken, it will require a long recovery. That is why it is necessary to maintain your body and help it get the maximum of useful substances.
The body of a man and a woman differs in many primary and secondary signs. Therefore, representatives of each gender often require different norms of consumption of various vitamins and minerals, each of which plays a role in ensuring healthy functioning in the body of any person.
Today we will talk about such a trace element as zinc. An insufficient amount of this substance in the body can lead to all sorts of unpleasant consequences. Zinc has particular benefits for men for a number of objective reasons that you should be aware of. Also pay attention to the list of those products and preparations that will help maintain the daily requirement for zinc in men - 11 mg per day.
Support for sexual health
Zinc affects fertility, potency and normal attraction. This element is necessary for the production of sperm, otherwise, with an insufficient amount of this substance, a systematic decrease in testosterone levels will occur. Therefore, if you are planning to start a family, then adding a little zinc to the diet will be useful to increase your fertility.
Scientists from the medical school of Wayne State University in Michigan investigated the effect of this trace element on testosterone levels in men aged 20 to 80 years. The study showed that young men who limited their intake of zinc for 20 weeks had a decrease in hormone levels, while older men with zinc deficiency who took zinc supplements for six months had an increase in testosterone production.
Reducing the risk of prostate diseases
Also, the benefits of zinc for men are that it plays an important role in maintaining and improving prostate health. Recently, American scientists from Johns Hopkins University found that prostate cancer contains significantly less zinc than healthy organs. While this trace element is found in every organ, tissue and cell of the human body, specifically in men, the prostate contains more zinc than any other tissue except bone.
When the stronger sex is older, they As a rule, they train less, and their diet also changes, which often leads to a lack of zinc in the body of a man. This option is fraught with frequent cases of enlarged prostate (inflammation of the prostate gland). There is also scientific evidence for a direct relationship between zinc deficiency and the development of prostate cancer. Regular consumption of a small handful of nuts will help to minimize this factor.
Prevention of hair loss
Alopecia can occur in a variety of ways - from minimal thinning of hair to complete baldness. The reason for the development of such a nuisance lies either in heredity or in the deficiency of certain minerals. Zinc can stimulate hair growth by improving the function of the immune system.
However, according to a study in Australia, men who consumed lean meat were less likely to bald than those who preferred fatty. Supplements of this micronutrient can help prevent hair loss in men who do not follow a balanced diet. Obtaining the right zinc intake for men from regular foods can be difficult. But this problem has a fairly simple solution. There are special preparations containing zinc that can be found in your pharmacy or in a health food store.
Relief of the liver
Everyone knows that alcohol harms the body and the liver. especially. Drinking extra zinc can help reduce this damage, which is caused in part because this element promotes the formation of enzymes that stimulate the processing of alcohol.
It was also found that zinc improves the antioxidant abilities of the liver, enhances the detoxifying compound of the base metal, called metallothionein, a low level of which increases the sensitivity liver NOSTA to potential damage. By stabilizing the gastrointestinal tract, metallothionein minimizes the likelihood of inflammation. Alcohol for the body is still dangerous because it can lower the level of zinc in the thyroid gland, which, in turn, leads to many medical problems, including a decrease in the performance of the thyroid gland and subsequent weight gain. Therefore, the benefits of zinc for men who occasionally drink alcohol are simply invaluable.
Often we ourselves can be the best defenders of our body. By following a diet rich in antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients, we can strengthen our immune system to get rid of a number of diseases and infections. Our bodies produce molecules, or so-called free radicals, that can damage cells. Antioxidants, such as zinc, help neutralize these potentially dangerous elements.
Researchers believe that the imbalance between free radicals and antioxidants can contribute to the development of cancer and heart disease, as well as diseases related to age. To get the right amount of antioxidants in your diet, you need to eat enough right foods or add vitamins and supplements to your diet.
Zinc also not only increases the number of white blood cells that fight infection, but also adds activity to them. This trace element helps to produce more killer cells that fight cancer and helps white cells secrete more antibodies. Zinc increases the number of T-cells fighting infection, especially in older people who are often deficient in trace elements whose immune system may weaken with age.
Maintenance of the thyroid gland
How is zinc good for men? It is a key mineral that helps produce special hormones that signal to the pituitary gland about the need for the thyroid gland to produce another essential enzyme, a deficiency of which in men can lead to low levels of testosterone in the body. Drinking alcohol can make this worse. If you are dealing with symptoms of low thyroid performance, which we will discuss later, and also consume any amount of alcohol, then think about taking additional medications containing zinc.
The thyroid gland produces a number of important hormones, including thyroxine, which play a vital role in metabolism, growth and development, as well as body temperature. In addition, this trace element is necessary at the intracellular level to help the thyroid receptors.
One of the most useful products that will help you keep your zinc at a level is pecans, which we will talk about the benefits and harms of later.
Regeneration and recovery
Men can be tough and demanding on their bodies. And the more active we are - whether at work, in the gym or in the yard - the more stress the musculoskeletal system gets. It is logical that the maximum amount of our personal zinc reserves is located in the muscles where the mineral performs the function of creating and restoring cells after strenuous activity.
The very process of exercise - from strength training to running - puts our muscles under stress. We literally tear them at the cellular level. At rest, our muscles grow, become larger and stronger. Zinc is a key component in this procedure: it provides the proper structure of cells and proteins, helps us in the relaxation that is needed for this.
In addition, the muscles in their work consume significant energy, as a result, dangerous free radicals are produced. Intensive training can lead to excessive sweating and insufficient calorie intake, resulting in a deficiency of zinc in the body.
Protection of the visual organs
This is one of the inevitable realities of the aging process - blurred vision.
However, taking certain nutritional supplements may help stabilize age-related macular degeneration in some patients. A study by the National Eye Institute (USA) found that taking high doses of antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene along with zinc can slow the progression of eye diseases.
Mineral deficiency symptoms
So, how do you know if you have a shortage of substances and you need to increase your intake of foods containing zinc? For men, this aspect has a particularly important role in ensuring the vital functions of the body.
The signs of insufficient zinc are the following:
- loss of appetite;
- slow healing of wounds and skin diseases such as acne or eczema;
- hair loss.
What to use?
To to get the maximum benefit from zinc for the man’s body, the following foods must be in the diet:
- Red meat. This can include beef, lamb and pork. A 100 g portion of raw minced meat contains 4.8 mg of zinc, which is 43% of the recommended daily intake for men. However, it is necessary to maintain a balance and monitor the proper heat treatment of the product: do not fry until a charcoal crust appears, but give preference to more dietary options.
- Shellfish (oysters, crabs, mussels and shrimps) . The zinc content in oysters is 32 mg or as much as 290% of the daily intakeTherefore, be careful with their use and do not overdo it. Otherwise, instead of the benefits of zinc for men, you may get in trouble associated with an excessive concentration of the mineral in the body.
- Legumes. Chickpeas, lentils, and beans, which are an excellent source of essential trace elements for supporters of a vegan and vegetarian diet, will suit you. However, legumes also contain phytates, which reduce the absorption of zinc. Processing methods such as heating, sprouting, soaking or fermentation can help improve its bioavailability.
- Nuts. You can add pine nuts, peanuts, cashews and almonds to your diet. Of particular value is the pecans, the benefits and harms of which must be considered when consumed. The zinc content in it is 4.1 mg per 100 g of product. Pecan contains a lot of monounsaturated fats. The walnut kernels contain gamma tocopherols, which can protect proteins, fats and cell DNA from oxidation and phytosterols, which lower cholesterol and prevent the development of varicose, coronary artery disease and atherosclerosis. However, keep in mind that the body can absorb no more than 100 g of nuts at a time. Overuse can cause digestion.
- Dairy products. For example, 100 g of cheddar cheese contains about 28% of the recommended amount of zinc per day, while in one cup of whole milk - about 9%.
- Eggs. One large egg contains 5% of the recommended daily intake of zinc, as well as many other nutrients, including proteins, healthy fats, vitamins of the group B, selenium and choline.
- Whole grains. Wheat, quinoa, rice, oats also contain a small amount of mineral. However, zinc may not be absorbed in the same way as obtained from other products, due to the presence of phytates.
- Dark chocolate. 100 gram bar with 70–85% cocoa contains 3.3 mg of zinc, or 30% of the recommended daily allowance for humans. But do not forget that 600 kcal are hidden in the same amount of chocolate.
If any- then of the listed products you can’t eat and provide yourself with a sufficient zinc rate, then you can add special additives to your diet. But we do not recommend placing all hope in them, since it is desirable that the body receive the necessary trace elements from food.
Where can I get vitamins and zinc for men? Which is better to buy? Contact large pharmacies that offer a wide range of dietary supplements, or diet food stores. Acquire such well-known drugs as Zincteral, Selzinc-Plus, Zinc Chelate. There are also whole vitamin complexes, which contain many more essential trace elements and vitamins. Such additives include Duovit for Men and Alphabet.
As you can see, just being attentive to your body is enough to hear timely signals and provide it with everything you need. After all, each of us is interested in good physical and mental health, which is the key to a long and eventful life.